*** Official 2020 Billabong Pipe Masters Thread ***

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Kelly not riding the twin today. He's riding a 5-11 roundpin Takoro.

He just took off on a bomb at backdoor. If he could have made it out, def a 10.

Then he went over the falls on the very next wave. Did he have his leash wrapped around his ankle? Looked like he struggled to get to his feet.

Kelly said he hit head (on the bottom?) and was knocked out of split second on that wipeout.

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Would be cool if Billabong or WSL would use their platform to talk about drug addiction, as they are still selling Andy boardshorts, showing his clips, interviewing his widow and son and showing his Pipe highlights. Silencing that part of his story is more enabling.

I freaking LOVE Andy, but the guy overdosed (twice). We just not gonna talk about that ever?

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Ryan Callinan has pretty good style for a goofy footed heathen, I reckon.
He's fun to watch and catches a lot of waves...kinda started watching him a couple years back but i think he dropped off tour.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can run it. All I need is half a dozen clipboards, an air horn and a couple of flags. Judges are everywhere so I could get them to work for free lunch and a tee shirt. Call me WSL I'm rested and ready.
Get back in the house, grandpa!

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Would be cool if Billabong or WSL would use their platform to talk about drug addiction, as they are still selling Andy boardshorts, showing his clips, interviewing his widow and son and showing his Pipe highlights. Silencing that part of his story is more enabling.

I freaking LOVE Andy, but the guy overdosed (twice). We just not gonna talk about that ever?
Such a sick era, say 2000-2008 or so...but I agree, show both sides or move on with the marketing of Andy...Also fck Billabong, never been a fan of anything they put out.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

They need to talk about mental illness. AI had deep issues that resulted in his drug abuse. He should have been in intensive therapy not on the road appeasing his sponsors.
Billabong is a trash company for whoring him to death and to continue to capitalize on his fame. It's disgusting. I hope they have set up a trust fund for his son and provide a lifetime stipend for his widow.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Andy still one of my fav surfers of all time. He took it to Slater and gave us a rivalry that will probably never be matched again. It was fun watching Andy surf.

Reactions: HarryLopez2

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Guy Hagi on Hawaii News Now said the contest starts at 0800 hrs Hawaii time which is in 45 minutes.
He also said he hasn't heard anything about the Wahine's contest as of yet ~
I haven't seen anything in print either. However, before the contest this morning both Tatiana and Carissa went out, I'm assuming to practice.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Just found out that it was back on again. I need to watch today's heats to catch up.
So they all got infested with the Covid??? Heard that even the Supreme Chief of the WSL tested positive......

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Just found out that it was back on again. I need to watch today's heats to catch up.
So they all got infested with the Covid??? Heard that even the Supreme Chief of the WSL tested positive......
Salter and JOB tested positive. They decided to have only positive/negative heats (only + or - in the water at the same time) so it kinda throws things off but it'll be fun to watch the conest irregardless.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Salter and JOB tested positive. They decided to have only positive/negative heats (only + or - in the water at the same time) so it kinda throws things off but it'll be fun to watch the conest irregardless.
So what happens if a + and a - end up in the finals?????? Has the WSL thought that far ahead????

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
So what happens if a + and a - end up in the finals?????? Has the WSL thought that far ahead????
I was told WSL said the + paddles out and catches 3 and then the - paddles out and catches three and it becomes a conest of best performance :dancing:

Reactions: Leaverite