No more Military Flyovers with a Kamala Biden Ticket.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I love the jets as much as the next guy, but I'd like to see some heritage flights as well to remember those who fought before our time.

We always get flyovers of WWII planes on holidays (from Torrance Airport + Zamperini Field). I love the sound of those old bombers....

Reactions: r32

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
‘Cool, so you and both agree that our military budget is too big.

We should pull our bases out of Europe and Japan and let those countries take care of their own defense. Then our military budget can get closer to what theirs will be.

It’ll happen at both ends. Our costs will go down and theirs will go up. There’s no reason for us to be in Europe or Japan. Closing our bases there is low hanging fruit for huge savings.

Here are the numbers (your’s aren’t quite accurate, but pretty close).

Please, both Japan and Europe wanted the US troops out of their countries for decades.

The notion that they need anybody's protection is ridiculous.

The US is there because of own strategic interests in an endless imaginary power struggle to police the world. That's why the foreign bases still exist - Pentagon job creation.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If you guys are so against the military, why would you vote for Biden who is from the same globalist bent that had us in wars all over the planet. Trump has been drawing our forces abroad down and has not started wars. Isn't that what you guys want?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
All burritos are emotional support burritos.
I need to be a little clearer. I actually have a certification for an emotional support burrito. I got it online. Emailed them a photo of a burrito and they ‘certified’ it as a bonafide emotional support burrito.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Please, both Japan and Europe wanted the US troops out of their countries for decades.

The notion that they need anybody's protection is ridiculous.

The US is there because of own strategic interests in an endless imaginary power struggle to police the world. That's why the foreign bases still exist - Pentagon job creation.
I don’t disagree with your assertions at all but a side effect of the is having bases overseas is that it’s eases the burden of the hosting countries own self defense.

That’s why they pay us to be there. The current administration got them to pay more.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I don’t disagree with your assertions at all but a side effect of the is having bases overseas is that it’s eases the burden of the hosting countries own self defense.

That’s why they pay us to be there. The current administration got them to pay more.
Nobody wants us there, don't be ridiculous.

You think Germany and Japan need US protection?
From what?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I need to be a little clearer. I actually have a certification for an emotional support burrito. I got it online. Emailed them a photo of a burrito and they ‘certified’ it as a bonafide emotional support burrito.
No one is legally allowed to ask for certification, but AFAIK there is no certification for emotional support burritos. Also, no one has to accept "emotional support burrito" as a "service burrito." Legally, there is no protection for emotional support burritos, there is protection for service burritos.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Nobody wants us there, don't be ridiculous.

You think Germany and Japan need US protection?
From what?

Did I say they wanted us there? No. I said we are there and our being there eases the burden of their own self defense.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
No one is legally allowed to ask for certification, but AFAIK there is no certification for emotional support burritos. Also, no one has to accept "emotional support burrito" as a "service burrito." Legally, there is no protection for emotional support burritos, there is protection for service burritos.
I never said it was legally protected. But I have used it at movie theaters. Bring a burrito with me, usher says I can’t bring in outside food, show my certificate, get a a good laugh and they let the burrito through.

I realize this may be difficult for you to understand but many people have what’s called a ‘sense of humor’.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I never said it was legally protected. But I have used it at movie theaters. Bring a burrito with me, usher says I can’t bring in outside food, show my certificate, get a a good laugh and they let the burrito through.

I realize this may be difficult for you to understand but many people have what’s called a ‘sense of humor’.
Usher is an idiot for believing you have a legitimate certificate. Whatever, dude works at a movie theatre? Wait, you go to movies? When was this?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Usher is an idiot for believing you have a legitimate certificate. Whatever, dude works at a movie theatre? Wait, you go to movies? When was this?
Jesus, dude are you dumb? Read that again. You really don’t have a sense of humor. There’s a reason for that and it isn’t good.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I never saw a thing wrong about smuggling in a sixer and whatever other food into the movie theater.

Did your emotional support burrito come with rectal despair hot sauce?