No more Military Flyovers with a Kamala Biden Ticket.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
My grandpa was a Nazi soldier who was killed in action by the Russians. Does that give me any street cred?
Yes - that front was rough.

My grandpa was a geologist for the German Army - he went in prior to the armored divisions plotting sections for the highways and bunkers. Heavy sh!t. He only talked about the funny parts, not the bad. He had his own driver and gunner. Driver was always drunk, though, and dumped the vehicle into the gutter many times where they had to upright it and push it out. But I think, man, every time I am on the road, it would be nice to have your own gunner. People camped out distracted on their cell phones would be distracted no longer.

Then he came back home only to endure the firebombing of Hamburg. Last one in the bunker; wedged himself in when they threw a sick guy out. My mom grew up in the aftermath, very poor, surviving in bread lines and such. And yes, the SJWs were out in force afterwards as she got chastised for singing "Deutschland Deutschland Uber Alles" in the streets.

Rough times.

And no, I would not have my kids join the military. Just mercenaries for the ahem, managerial class to gain further riches. :socrazy:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
By the way, those flyovers don't cost a dime. Pilots have to log airtime, takeoffs and landings. Those planes are in the air either way.

operating costs for an f-16 are like $6000 an hour.

once again, you’re a moron.

sports and military have nothing to do with one another, aside from the fact that recruiters pay NFL to advertise their product.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
operating costs for an f-16 are like $6000 an hour.
And?????

Go back and read that I wrote. Just about every single day F16s are in the air around here from the 177th Fighter Wing based at the AC Airport. Drive a little ways north of me and you'll likely see A10 Warthogs out of Joint Base McGuire hitting the practice range at Warren Grove. This goes on all over the country every single day as Active and Reserves pilots keep current with their aircraft. Taking a detour and flying over a stadium really has zero cost as those pilots and planes need to fly anyway. You are ruled by your emotions and logic never creeps in. Sad really.

The sounds of freedom. Those sounds must really **** off someone like you.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
There were eleventy million flyovers during the Obama/Biden Administration. Troy Aikman was there for a shitload of them. It sounded, pretty obviously to me, that they're mocking liberals, not the military. That said, I can think of something better to be doing for training purposes than flying in a straight line, not that I give a f--k.

If anyone has plenty of fat to trim fiscally, it's the Pentagon. JFC.

YMMV

But I passionately detest the Jax Beach airshow. They close the beaches here for a week in prime season so a dozen dudes can jump out of a dingy at the Pier. Step on a fckng stingray.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
GFY. I came of age in the 80s in a post-vietnam time of peace when hardly anyone I knew went into the service. Was never a thought honestly. Off to college and married.
BS, you are younger than that. Try late 80's maybe. You're at least 10 years younger than me. That makes in your early 50's. When you 9/11 occurred you were in your 30's. Why did you not sign up then?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
BS, you are younger than that. Try late 80's maybe. You're at least 10 years younger than me. That makes in your early 50's. When you 9/11 occurred you were in your 30's. Why did you not sign up then?
Because like almost all loud mouth conservatives he is a faux Patriot.

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I don't get your point with that one. Off to college in 87. Married in 92. By the time 9/11 happened we'd just had our 3rd child and had lost our first child to pediatric cancer a year earlier. 2 months before 911 my wife who was 7 months pregnant fell and broke her leg badly above the knee giving birth a couple weeks before 911 still basically immobile and recovering from the broken leg. At 32 and under the circumstances I don't think that would have been quite feasible to enlist and leave my family after 911. 99-01 was a stretch of time for us that made 2020 look like childsplay. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Nice try at some faux outrage though.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Wasting tax payer dollars for virtue signaling is great!
Technically it isn’t ‘wasting’ any dollars. Pilots have a certain amount flight time (training) that they’re required to. These flybys count towards that so they don’t any extra money.

Now we can have a discussion on whether or not the amount of required flight time is too much or if our military is paying too much for Jet-A (they pay less than what you’d pay for on-road diesel fuel, btw, and run it though all of their (non-mogas) vehicles) but that’s a different topic, one in which you and I probably agree.

Ps: yes, it’s virtue signaling.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Technically it isn’t ‘wasting’ any dollars. Pilots have a certain amount flight time (training) that they’re required to. These flybys count towards that so they don’t any extra money.

Now we can have a discussion on whether or not the amount of required flight time is too much or if our military is paying too much for Jet-A (they pay less than what you’d pay for on-road diesel fuel, btw, and run it though all of their (non-mogas) vehicles) but that’s a different topic, one in which you and I probably agree.

Ps: yes, it’s virtue signaling.
LMAO you think they fly those things on pixie dust and unicorn farts?

As usual you’re looking at a small snippet and ignoring the big picture.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
LMAO you think they fly those things on pixie dust and unicorn farts?

As usual you’re looking at a small snippet and ignoring the big picture.
Read what I wrote. Those planes and pilots have to fly a certain amount of time for training purposes. The flyovers at football games are counted toward that time. Those flight aren’t extra flights. They’d fly those planes for that amount of time either way. Steering it over a stadium adds no additional costs to the annual budget for those planes.

That is the big picture.

Now do we spend too much for our military? Absolutely.

We could cut back easily.

Why do we still have bases in germany and Japan? Why are we still in Afghanistan?

Good thing we haven’t started any new wars in the last 4 years. That’s a start.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Laugh all you want dummy.

Facts are facts. The money is spent whether those planes fly over the open desert or a football stadium.

Does it upset you when they fly around over the Mojave?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Read what I wrote. Those planes and pilots have to fly a certain amount of time for training purposes. The flyovers at football games are counted toward that time. Those flight aren’t extra flights. They’d fly those planes for that amount of time either way. Steering it over a stadium adds no additional costs to the annual budget for those planes.

That is the big picture.

Now do we spend too much for our military? Absolutely.

We could cut back easily.

Why do we still have bases in germany and Japan? Why are we still in Afghanistan?

Good thing we haven’t started any new wars in the last 4 years. That’s a start.
So what else is in your fantasy world other than pixie dust and unicorn farts?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Laugh all you want dummy.

Facts are facts. The money is spent whether those planes fly over the open desert or a football stadium.

Does it upset you when they fly around over the Mojave?
How about the glorification of war and the military? Very common in authoritarian countries.