If everything is fixed & you're satisfied good for the shaper & you

If you are told to F off....we should all know about it

Reactions: johnson7

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
^ still on my computer, you never answered my email about final dims:poke:
Mr.Steve hit me on my IG, I get bored sometimes and idle hands are the devils workshop
we might be able to get something going

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Had this type of experience with a very well known SD shaper who won't be named with the initials $K and was very very VERY unhappy. Never felt more ripped - all the dimensions were off and way too big for me, the board was a pig, and the glass job was for sh!t. It's like he realized he was 2 months late so took someone else's finished shape, wrote my name on the stringer, and rushed it through the glass shop. Couldn't have been more upset and let down. Complaining got me nowhere. I wrote it off to a good learning experience - consider the lost money "tuition." You'll never get it back gut you learned who not to deal with.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Bought a used 8'2" from sh3 about 15 years ago for a really good deal and caught the biggest wave I've ridden in So. Cal. on that thing. Kept it a few years and passed it on for a net expenditure of about $20.
Red pintail, glassed in fins. Perfect mini-gun. Tokoro.

Reactions: JDJ

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I know the boards we're packed and shipped by the glass house and had the boards been sent back to the shaper before shipping he wouldn't have been around to check them out anyway....that's the best clue i can give before i hear back from them
i know who it is.

He and his assistant are always particular that I take a good look at a board before taking it with me to make sure things check out OK. He's also pretty anal about the work he does.

Let us know how it plays out.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm getting some popcorn:roflmao:
Got so sick of the BS, I now make my own. Too old, slow, and broke down to tell the difference anyway
But it has opened a tiny bit of in-site as to what shapers are up against. So many steps along the way that are sometimes out of their control (until it's too late)everybody is crazy busy(from what I hear) I waited 2 months to get the last cuts back. Now waiting on a file I sent to the cutter almost 7 weeks ago. Dropped 3 off at the glasser and he told me it was going to be a bit as he is buried.
Glassing I think can be the biggest issue (parts are really hard work that need attention to detail) Sorry for your loss, already time to move on, you'll feel better when you put it behind you.
We are deep into the 21st century. This is an unacceptable way of doing business.

Reactions: MathDebater

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Lucky for you that you make sick shapes. i'd by a twinzer shaped by you. (just got some of the new Liv3 boxes... just need a board built to put them in).

Surfadelphia: If you're who i think you are, you're into alt shapes. I have nothing else to do but try and solve this riddle
Album?