*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
What's wrong with a simple filter? I actually prefer it over my coffee maker.

coffee.jpg

Please tell me you guys make good coffee and not that dirty water they pass as coffee on Starbucks/McDonalds and mostly anywhere else in the US of A.

• Haha
Reactions: gbg and laidback

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
the fact that sbd hasn't gotten a coffee maker yet is a travesty. he came to us in humble ignorance and we fine upstanding citizens bestowed upon him our unmatched collective wisdom. stellar recommendation after stellar recommendation. links, reviews, pictures, the royal treatment. we bombarded him with the full force of our coffee maker knowledge.

and yet here we are weeks later with nothing to show for it.

this "man" is making a mockery of our cherished institution! how many more times will i check this thread expecting closure only to find a snarky comment and ambiguous emoticons? how many flaunted norms and disrespected values must we tolerate before we have the closure we seek???

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I completely deserve this. It's hilarious, my wife just aske me last night: "I thought we were getting a new coffee maker"?

I will bow my head in shame and get back on this... but I leave for a work trip out of town so it's not going to happen very soon.

Does this help at all?

http://instagr.am/p/CFp6anYnS7Y/

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dancing goat and OG Peruvian in the rotation .I’ve probably Stated that earlier in the thread

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
What's wrong with a simple filter? I actually prefer it over my coffee maker.

View attachment 98391

Please tell me you guys make good coffee and not that dirty water they pass as coffee on Starbucks/McDonalds and mostly anywhere else in the US of A.
I do a pour over as well. No way I'm buying coffee out unless I'm on vacation or work trip.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
What's wrong with McDonald's coffee
Feels like there's barely coffee in it, it's mostly water. But I guess that's my point, most americans are used to lighter coffee, at least that's been my experience. I think regular black coffee here in Brazil is considerably stronger as an average.