The Jordan Peterson Thread

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I agree that the female interviewer was out to get him. But he seems purposely convoluted. His ideas are not that complicated but he makes them out to be by saying one thing and dancing around what he seems to really want to say.

His smugness is not palatable.
he’s a Canadian weenie boy talking about how you have to dominate your sh!t and that’s what women want

as a factual matter, he’s right, but women don’t hear facts uttered by weenies

they just see “weenie” then words, words, words don’t matter

dude would be better off not talking and getting one of these to enlarge his neck girth

1600473162776.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Not as intellectualy lazy as beleiving that a man in the sky created heavens and Earth.

For Peterson to claim to posses reason, while being religious is laughable. Shapiro consistently defends his homophobia with his religion. "My God said so".

It's a discussion ender. What are you supposed to say to that?
the dude in the sky is just a symbol for the simple minded kind of like a flag or the statue of liberty

if you want to talk about Christianity the Holy Spirit gets closer to the mystery

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I agree.

I have no issue with people and religious beliefs if they are respectful of others. And I will show that respect back and hold my tongue.

but the realist in me has a hard time rationalization an “intellectual” believing in something that has no basis in science and responsible for some of the most visceral hate and violence this planet has seen.
science has been used to justify a lot of insane sh!t too

religion is about realizing how small we all are and how little we know

totally not the same thing as science

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I know this name well, and I know he’s controversial, but I don’t know sh*t about him, like, seriously, nothing, or who likes him or not
i never thought about before, but I’d like to keep it that way

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Uh what?

Science doesn't make you realize how small we are and how little we know but magical thinking does?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

That second part made zero sense. I would say you have that completely mixed up. Religion is about making humans feel like they are the center of our universe. Science is about realizing that reality does not support that.

And yes science has led to many insane things. I recently listened to someone try to make the claim that the naval ship with the Covid outbreak was a missed opportunity to use humans as guinea pigs to see how the virus acts. :socrazy:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I hate America so much that I moved here.

And you love it so much that you GTFO and live in Mexico.

Makes sense.
Why do you go to Mexico for recreation? Not available in Oceanside? You know that you technically violated the in place rules for entry into Mexico on at least two separate occasions right? Europe too! I guess if one has lots of resources the rules are vague. I applaud you for coming to America penniless and amassing a fortune that allows you to travel when you want and where you want regardless of others that have a legitimate reason to travel and aren’t able to. You sir are a classic American success story.