*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Ah was alternating between two so I can see disconnect. Yes, worldwide but Covid hasn't ripped through rest of world like it has in the US. And even now, still a long way to go.

We are sitting just below 200,000 deaths in less than a year and what was it, 20,000 dead or so of flu per year. And there are precautions taken against flu - vaccines. So yes, there are measures taken to reduce infection/deaths from flu.

I have no idea how Zambia and such are handling it but obviously they are not an international travel/business destination so there's less exposure - global social distancing if you will.
So 20K dead of flu/year is acceptable?

The third world death count is much higher than reported and probably won't be known for a decade out. I'm sure you know this but your bias is blinding you.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Now it's 700,000 dead of flu in the US per year?

And the fact the Third World controlled Covid better than the US is kind of embarrassing.
We had waaaaaayyyy more fraudulant tests banging out false positives yet barely anyones dying. The entire point- to keep us locked down and the economy frozen.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
So 20K dead of flu/year is acceptable?

The third world death count is much higher than reported and probably won't be known for a decade out. I'm sure you know this but your bias is blinding you.
No. That's why the health community constantly recommend people get flu shots every year.

You have an itchy trigger there on the bias callout. Of course it's much higher than reported. Especially North Korea. Do they even have a case yet?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
No. That's why the health community constantly recommend people get flu shots every year.
But we know the flu shot efficacy is suspect, as per the Cochrane Review.

Masks would save lives.

The truth is you've already found death acceptable, therefore you don't support masks during flu season.

Other things, like media, are influencing your perspective of the COVID 19 death toll.

You have an itchy trigger there on the bias callout. Of course it's much higher than reported. Especially North Korea. Do they even have a case yet?
Your exact quote was:

And the fact the Third World controlled Covid better than the US is kind of embarrassing.
I know you're intelligent so I assumed there is something else influencing your thinking.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
But we know the flu shot efficacy is suspect, as per the Cochrane Review.

Masks would save lives.

The truth is you've already found death acceptable, therefore you don't support masks during flu season.

Other things, like media, are influencing your perspective of the COVID 19 death toll.

Your exact quote was:

I know you're intelligent so I assumed there is something else influencing your thinking.
I was half-serious playing the numbers game. We are not doing stellar in the slightest but I do acknowledge that numbers are being fudged downwards worldwide. No, I am not having my perspective influenced by cootiemel or whatever the hell that QAnon tweeter was called. Not going around screaming only 9,000 (!) dead.

Death is acceptable? Yeah, it's a fact of life all right but I'd rather have older friends and relatives stick around a bit longer.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Out of curiosity, I found out 240,000 are struck by lightning every year (worldwide).

Survival rates have gone up tremendously the last century though.

So, odds of getting COVID-19 are somewhat better than getting struck by lightning.

Still more likely to get hit by a car crossing the street to get your mail though.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
If over 1 million people have now died of the virus...that's something like 0.0001% of the population
If we're doing math, how many people are being born each day compared to those dying? Last I saw there are 94,254,965 births this year compared to 39,570,528 deaths. But that may be a different thread entirely . . .

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

"Ammon added that the reopening of schools in September did not necessarily pose higher risks of transmissions, as countries in Europe that had already reopened them in the spring did not experience spikes in cases."

Someone should tell Governor Newsom.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Here we go again with non-christian experts on Christianity.
I'll step in as the resident expert on all things Jesus. No only are you supposed to turn the other cheek, but forgive 7 times 70 transgressions. If another asks for your coat, you are supposed to give it to them. There is no greater gift than laying down your life for another, which Jesus did willingly. Etc. and etc. and etcetera

Reactions: mundus

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Also, if you call your brother Raca (translated fool) you risk hellfire.

Jonahbrah isn't pretending to be a Christian, is he. Because that would be really funny (not in a good way)

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I'll step in as the resident expert on all things Jesus. No only are you supposed to turn the other cheek, but forgive 7 times 70 transgressions. If another asks for your coat, you are supposed to give it to them. There is no greater gift than laying down your life for another, which Jesus did willingly. Etc. and etc. and etcetera
Just think what a wonderful world we would have if Jesus's followers actually lived by his teachings?