Defunding the post office to rig an election

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
LOL

I'm not stupid enough to believe that we can't have a successful election without mail in ballots.

I don't care if we do or if we don't.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
25 Billion dollars for the Post Office to handle mail in votes seems like a lot. I’m not opposed to it, but that’s a big pile of money.
Its a political game to grab a narrative. Ask for a sh!t ton of money and then when the other side doesn't go along with it or calls for less spending they get demonized for it. One of the oldest plays in the political playbook.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
As mentioned before destroying the postal system is going to hurt rural red state Trump voters the most, another example of them voting against their interests.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
can someone show me all the evidence on mail-in (aka absentee) voter fraud?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
[
the GOP’s enduring legacy: Let a lying venal psychopath get away with murder and run their party into the ground.

Well done, morans.
Hal, buddy, pal....

The picture-perfect GOP candidate lost in 2012. The war hero lost in 2008. This guy led them to two Supreme Court Justices, and Senate and House majorities.

2018 was an asswhooping. I am still not confident in a Biden win, at all.

Minnesota is way, way closer than anyone on the left wants to admin. Wisconsin is not guaranteed either.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
[

Hal, buddy, pal....

The picture-perfect GOP candidate lost in 2012. The war hero lost in 2008. This guy led them to two Supreme Court Justices, and Senate and House majorities.

Minnesota is way, way closer than anyone on the left wants to admin. Wisconsin is not guaranteed either.
They lost the house, the senate majority is razor thin, and the new justices haven’t worked out as well as trumby hoped

why are they doing everything in their power to rig this election? What are they so afraid of?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
"Requested" is the key word here.

Not "mail to everyone on the old voter list automatically, whether they requested or not".
I voted absentee in 2016 because I was going on a surf trip. I had to go to the county court house with my voter registration card in hand and request an absentee ballot by filling out a form like this one. Going in person is no longer required but you still have to fill out the form.

I just copied this directly from my county board of elections website.

Capture.JPG

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
[

Hal, buddy, pal....

Trump will win in a landslide. You heard it here first.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
They lost the house, the senate majority is razor thin, and the new justices haven’t worked out as well as trumby hoped

why are they doing everything in their power to rig this election? What are they so afraid of?
So are President Hillary Clinton and Senator Evan Bayh currently working in Washington, D.C., or did aaaaaallllll the people who said she was a lock and had coattails get it wrong?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So are President Hillary Clinton and Senator Evan Bayh currently working in Washington, D.C., or did aaaaaallllll the people who said she was a lock and had coattails get it wrong?
Yes, and if you look at the polls right before the election they were within margin of error.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
#delusionalTrumpcultist
Yeah you'd have to be brain-dead to think Trump will win in a landslide.

But I don't think Biden is even a favorite to win at this point. Emerson who is a very well-regarded pollster just released a poll that has Biden's lead within margin of error in Minnesota.

PA and MI are in the bag currently. He needs both WI and MN. If he only wins one of the latter two, it probably means he lost aaaaaallllll the other swing states. No Florida, no Arizona, no Ohio, none of it. If that happens, and Biden splits the swing district votes in Nebraska and Maine, it's 269-269 and Trump will win 26-24 in the House.

Trump isn't going to lose any votes for being a senile criminal. Biden will.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Yeah I agree. Minnesota is within the margin of error. The polls are going to tighten unless Trump does something unfathomably stupid.

Same overconfidence. Identical, really.
Not so sure about the over confidence, I am certainly not. Like anything else time will tell.