*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Our 12 cup cuisinart is good but we drink it strong, full basket of coffee for maybe 10 cups
I'm looking for something with more room for the ground beans, somebody needs to make a bigger basket

Reactions: CutnSnip

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
i agree with the mug but I guess I never thought of it in the carafe. problem is, coffee that's been sitting on a hot plate in a glass carafe taste like crap after an hour or so.

I got other methods (french, pour over, espresso) for when I want some good sh!t but I want a good daily driver with perfect volume (wait what are we talking about?) for everyday lazy use.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
i agree with the mug but I guess I never thought of it in the carafe. problem is, coffee that's been sitting on a hot plate in a glass carafe taste like crap after an hour or so.

I got other methods (french, pour over, espresso) for when I want some good sh!t but I want a good daily driver with perfect volume (wait what are we talking about?) for everyday lazy use.
Yeah fuck that burnt taste. The bona vita doesn’t have a warming plate. The thermos keeps it hot.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

Our Cuisinart has a glass carafe and the hot plate turns off after 45 minutes or so (so as not to turn the coffee into that thick, burnt sludge). If we want coffee after that we have to warm it in the microwave, which turns out better than the hot plate staying on the whole time, IMO.

But ours is also 8 cups and you're probably looking for something other than a Cuisinart.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm not a fan of stainless steel coffee carafes (or mugs for that matter). The bitterness of the coffee tastes like it's amplified with metal.

Glass carafes and ceramic mugs make for a smoother cup......if you like that sort of thing.
Agreed. I cannot stand coffee in a metal travel mug. I'd rather drink it from a paper cup.

Which explains why the fancier stainless carafes and dispensers are glass lined.

Reactions: jkb