Can we talk about fireworks every fvcking night in Los Angeles?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
let me guess...in your garage...a tablesaw set aside solely for destroying the basketballs of neighboring children?
No I pack a Sig P226 for that. Freedom...from, not freedom to.

Nothing new. It’s pretty wild this year. Idk if that’s cause corona or all the bitching on Nextdoor is motivating these people go ham
My friend who has been here for 20 years said the same, way more this year than most. I don't mind, my dog, and a few neighborhood cars do though.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It makes me happy that despite the nanny stating of CA fireworks are still alive and well

ps- wait for the actual 4th

Reactions: Joshua2415

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That sucks; going to be stuck in America this year for the 4th so next week will probably be the last I can sleep through the night without some dipshit(s) making a fucking racket between 1am and 4am.

Perfect week for a surf trip in many ways.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Sounds like a slow New Years Eve night. Fireworks bring back childhood. The sounds, smells, sights, and danger of exploding things. The smell of the da chinese red firecrackers, searching square miles for unexploded crackers. We would tie a few together so it would fly farther when you threw it at your friend! Slingshots may have been used a few times. Saw mostly bad burns, but never the dreaded 'you'll blow your finger off'. Well, maybe a piece of finger.
As we got older, knew guys who would spend 20-30K on New Years, Chinese New Year, and the 4th.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
All these professional fireworks displays - f*ck that. Few years back coming back from camping trip, driving down the 405 with everyone firing mortars from their backyards on the 4th was as good as it gets.

Well, except for that one time down at Shipwrecks in Baja with tedfred and Tiny Universe (among others) where we had a couple grand worth of fireworks and were in a competition with the campsite around the hill. Operation Enduring Freedom with 36 mortars was the clincher to victory. Even though the surf sucked, that was a good time.