*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Multiple people in this thread have spoke about immediate family getting it, and one person's dad died from it.
IMG_1781.jpg

See that box? read it carefully. That's my wife's mother. She was (relatively) fine in her nursing home. One day they called and said she tested positive for Covid, along with the pneumonia ubiquitous in nursing homes. two days later, we got to see her on facetime (she was long since out of it and heavily medicated, so it wasn't exactly a dialogue) and 2 days later she was gone. that fast.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Questions:
- Lastly, please indicate if you know someone who has contracted this. Not a friend of a friend. But a direct relationship. What was their experience with the virus.
1. healthy late 20s male - multiple days in bed with muscle aches, extreme fatigue
2. Overweight mid 40s male - dead

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Casa would you go to a wedding with two young kids age 4 and 2? I think it’s a bad idea.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
something good to hope for I guess

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Reactions: stringcheese

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I hope an opening with even some level of Caution, cases will rise though not to the severity of New York, and cross yer fingers. My moms community in Vero (800 residents spread out through multiple condos and villas) had zero cases alllll these months. Just got their first 16 cases. 8 residents and 8 staff. Contact tracing seemed to catch it but the community is in full lockdown again for a while. They have it good there but still, hard not to think of it as a walled cruise ship on the grasslands of coastal central florida.

• Sad
Reactions: CutnSnip

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My condolences Subway.

Thanks eveyone for answering my questions. I trust the erbb more than the media.
I get how easy it is to not realize the extent, because I too understand the overall math, totally disconnecting the human toll, is just not that bad across many parts of the country, or even the country as a whole. And even in NYC, a lot of the trauma was in fact lockdown related, along with having friends and relatives catching this new bug. we are ready to start operating safely again, knowing there is still that vague risk out there.

Reactions: potato-nator

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
1st trigger to pause advancing to next stage of reopening has been hit in SD:

They're being awfully vague about the "outbreaks"

One was at a "campground" - homeless camp?

"Here is the list of the number of outbreaks associated with each category of activity, according to the county.

• Nine outbreaks at “various health/medical service offices”
  • Five outbreaks at “manufacturing and repair facilities”
  • One outbreak at a “resort hotel”
  • Five outbreaks at “food processing facilities”
  • Two outbreaks at restaurants
  • One outbreak at a “landscape company”
  • One outbreak at an apartment building
  • Three outbreaks at “private residences,” which include a barbecue and a party
  • One outbreak at a business park
  • One outbreak at a grocery store
  • One outbreak from a ski trip
  • One outbreak at an out-of-county bachelor party
Of the eight outbreaks reported in the last seven days, the biggest had four or five cases, Wooten said. She said no deaths had been associated with any of the eight outbreaks.

The two outbreaks confirmed Wednesday and announced Thursday were at a campground and a “social club,” according to county officials.

Fletcher said the social club should not have been open."

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Some thoughts about wearing a mask.....
Ever heard the "I wear it for you" comments?
So I'm responsible for your health now?
Can I also dictate how much sleep you get....your diet....etc.
Some common sense & mask science for you.....

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Do you wash your hands after wiping your ass?

Serious question.
Why....are there ass viruses now?
But yes I do....it's a habit.

Hey...question for you too...being a nurse this might be something you would know...
Do you know the swab PCR test does not test for Covid specifically?
That there's many reasons to have RNA floating around in your system?
So the test is wholly inaccurate and overblown by a huge margin.....and so are the reported number of cases and deaths?
More in line with annual influenza death counts vs a true pandemic?
Simple logic eh?

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf