Covid Skepticism

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

When snarky leftist bring up "Science Denial" you can bet they've been cornered and are losing in an argument of basic common sense and practical experience. Its their last ditch effort to get the other side to shut up and to stop applying common sense and practical experience to the debate at hand. Its not that these people hold science sacrosanct, its just a way to try to put down the opposition that they are losing to and prance around like they've just won something. They are admitting that they can't support their ideas intellectually and have moved on to say that the other side is simply not entitled to their opinion.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
When snarky leftist bring up "Science Denial" you can bet they've been cornered and are losing in an argument of basic common sense and practical experience. Its their last ditch effort to get the other side to shut up and to stop applying common sense and practical experience to the debate at hand. Its not that these people hold science sacrosanct, its just a way to try to put down the opposition that they are losing to and prance around like they've just won something. They are admitting that they can't support their ideas intellectually and have moved on to say that the other side is simply not entitled to their opinion.
That was good....thank-you!
I know....I have some experience with this....
Cornered like red-eyed rats ......
:cool:

Reactions: Jonahbrah

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Mischaracterization

To make the manipulative emotional appeals of the victim, critic, or fearmonger, one must by necessity mischaracterize the details of the situation. These distortions often come in the form of a critique or accusation. We’ve noticed that to frame you as being unfair or incompetent, the person will typically target your beliefs, intentions, character, feelings, and actions. The power of this bait comes from its level of distortion. The more inaccurate the statement, the greater the effect. Because humans have an innate desire to feel understood, these willful falsehoods make for some very tempting bait for anyone earnestly trying to diffuse the conflict without resorting to a fight or flight response. That is why ignoring them is powerful.

It’s helpful to remember that when people mischaracterize to get what they want, they will rarely change their mind if it doesn’t benefit them. Once you realize people trying to manipulate you through distortion, you want to resist the urge to correct these inaccuracies. If you must respond to a misstatement, you can calmly say “I disagree” and nothing more. This simple assertion is powerful. If the result is an uncomfortable vacuum, you use your awareness to relax and remain silent, unless, of course, you want to say something else.

:poop:

Thanks Dummies!

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Left or right, I think that conspiratorial thinking and science denial are the bastion of the weak minded and powerless. Conspiratorial thinking as opposed to critical thinking, which requires a health skepticism, doesn't allow you to consider evidence that is contrary to your story line. Conspiratorial thinkers will take information that does not support their story and twist it around as further proof of a conspiracy. Their minds cannot be changes through honest debate. I'm not here to seriously debate with morans. I'm just here to poke fun at the idiots and see how far this lunacy can go.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Mischaracterization

To make the manipulative emotional appeals of the victim, critic, or fearmonger, one must by necessity mischaracterize the details of the situation. These distortions often come in the form of a critique or accusation. We’ve noticed that to frame you as being unfair or incompetent, the person will typically target your beliefs, intentions, character, feelings, and actions. The power of this bait comes from its level of distortion. The more inaccurate the statement, the greater the effect. Because humans have an innate desire to feel understood, these willful falsehoods make for some very tempting bait for anyone earnestly trying to diffuse the conflict without resorting to a fight or flight response. That is why ignoring them is powerful.

It’s helpful to remember that when people mischaracterize to get what they want, they will rarely change their mind if it doesn’t benefit them. Once you realize people trying to manipulate you through distortion, you want to resist the urge to correct these inaccuracies. If you must respond to a misstatement, you can calmly say “I disagree” and nothing more. This simple assertion is powerful. If the result is an uncomfortable vacuum, you use your awareness to relax and remain silent, unless, of course, you want to say something else.

Thanks Dummies!
Sorry I left you out on my list of shills bro....:ROFLMAO:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Left or right, I think that conspiratorial thinking and science denial are the bastion of the weak minded and powerless. Conspiratorial thinking as opposed to critical thinking, which requires a health skepticism, doesn't allow you to consider evidence that is contrary to your story line. Conspiratorial thinkers will take information that does not support their story and twist it around as further proof of a conspiracy. Their minds cannot be changes through honest debate. I'm not here to seriously debate with morans. I'm just here to poke fun at the idiots and see how far this lunacy can go.
...ah shoots....I forgot Kelpcutter too.....yup....you just made the list.....actually awhile ago when you could not muster an honest objective discussion about scientific or physics based evidence....regarding 9/11, FE etc. But being the fair guy that I am....I'd love to hear your thoughts and critical breakdown of Dr. Kaufman's River of Rats presentation....the analysis of the official CV-19 identification science papers. Not holding my breath....

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
...ah shoots....I forgot Kelpcutter too ...... Not holding my breath....
Don't let me stop you.

Some Random Source on the Internet said:
People who feel powerless or vulnerable are more likely to endorse and spread conspiracy theories. This is seen in online forums where people’s perceived level of threat is strongly linked to proposing conspiracy theories.
Has life treated you unfairly? Are you a victim?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Mischaracterization

Thanks Dummies!
Fecalface/Plasticbertrand's modus operandi nailed to a T.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Well one of these things is true, your opinion is worth jack sh!t.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
...ah shoots....I forgot Kelpcutter too.....yup....you just made the list.....actually awhile ago when you could not muster an honest objective discussion about scientific or physics based evidence....regarding 9/11, FE etc. But being the fair guy that I am....I'd love to hear your thoughts and critical breakdown of Dr. Kaufman's River of Rats presentation....the analysis of the official CV-19 identification science papers. Not holding my breath....