*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
That's about 300,000+ more people than if he pulled the plug in early january instead of early march
China lied. They still are lying. You have to have solid proof before you can act on the scale that Trump did. He was proactive. Everybody hated him for shutting down air travel/travel restrictions before it got bad.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
China lied. They still are lying. You have to have solid proof before you can act on the scale that Trump did. He was proactive. Everybody hated him for shutting down air travel/travel restrictions before it got bad.
The one and only smart thing he did in hindsight.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I love how everyone points to that as proof trump handled this thing well.

It's totally clusterfuck.

Reactions: Woke AF and bigtuna

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Penis head has a point.

I don't know what the answer is, but we are treading the edge of a razor and either side kills people.

That is one dynamic speaker by the way. :sleep:
Ken Wheeler is one smart dude.....
Ever check out some of his work?
An eccentric for sure.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Boomers hold $30 Trillion and are the wealthiest generation in history.

And when you get to their age, your generation will be the wealthiest in history.

This business of blaming an entire generation which spans two very different decades is stupid AF.

People born in 1946 and people born in 1964 have absolutely nothing in common, culturally or economically, yet they supposedly belong to the same generation that is now blamed for something?

60s, 70s and the 80s, which is when Boomers became of working age, are three totally different economic worlds.

Same with people who dis millennials. Dumb.

Also, ageism seems to be okay in America for some reason. The last acceptable form of discrimination, still going strong.

Last edited:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
So fvck the world health organization, rah?

They don't know what's going on?

No travel restrictions and no lockdowns? What are they, the world death organization?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
And when you get to their age, your generation will be the wealthiest in history.

This business of blaming an entire generation which spans two very different decades is stupid AF.

People born in 1946 and people born in 1964 have absolutely nothing in common, culturally or economically, yet they supposedly belong to the same generation that is now blamed for something?

60s, 70s and the 80s, which is when Boomers became of working age, are three totally different economic worlds.

Same with people who dis millennials. Dumb.

Also, ageism seems to be okay in America for some reason. The last acceptable form of discrimination, still going strong.
I don't blame boomers for anything. I'm envious. Wish I was a boomer rather than millennial. For a lot of reasons. Free love being number one and no emails being number two.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I don't blame boomers for anything. I'm envious. Wish I was a boomer rather than millennial. For a lot of reasons. Free love being number one and no emails being number two.
Boomers don't do emails?

Somebody should have told me.

But don't fret, you will definitely get old and probably richer than you are now.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
So boring. Come on, you know what I meant.

Boomers had 20-30+ years in the workforce without email.
You realise that you could be lumping a father and a son in the same generation?

Generalising never makes sense.

I'm 56 and computers were a thing in my entire professional life.

Somebody who is 74 is supposedly the same generation as me?

Weird.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Are you trolling me or are boomers so combative and dismissive toward millennials that you're arguing me out of saying I'd rather be a boomer than a millennial?

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Are you trolling me or are boomers so combative and dismissive toward millennials that you're arguing me out of saying I'd rather be a boomer than a millennial?
It's nothing to do with you being a millennial. I love millennials.

I've been defending millennials on these pages from frisky Boomers who like to bitch about them but you're doing the same thing they're doing.

I'm not trying to be combative, just injecting some much needed nuance in your definition of Boomer. :drowning:

Sent from Commodore 64

Reactions: racer1

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Nobody likes to be proven wrong. The 5 stage denial-acceptance arc illustrates this point very well.

Right now we can observe the masses beginning to collectively move from denial to bargaining/anger. Depression hits from both an ego reaction, and then the very real economic impact.

As the marks wake up to the con, they will try to protect/mitigate any further financial losses. Thats whats happening now as the shutdown=printing=inflation=real estate gains maxim sinks in.

Thats why people are rushing to refinance. But as a poster noted above, the window has been slammed shut. As usual the smart money had their loans approved weeks ago in recognition of whats to come.

So, like being caught inside, now most people cant even benefit from the resulting inflation wave. Even worse, the looming draconian budget cuts will be the pincer move that cuts income, and literally deals a death blow to public sector employment.

Do you want to be anywhere around NYC or HI when the sh!t really starts getting real?
Nobody likes to be proven wrong. The 5 stage denial-acceptance arc illustrates this point very well.

Right now we can observe the masses beginning to collectively move from denial to bargaining/anger. Depression hits from both an ego reaction, and then the very real economic impact.

As the marks wake up to the con, they will try to protect/mitigate any further financial losses. Thats whats happening now as the shutdown=printing=inflation=real estate gains maxim sinks in.

Thats why people are rushing to refinance. But as a poster noted above, the window has been slammed shut. As usual the smart money had their loans approved weeks ago in recognition of whats to come.

So, like being caught inside, now most people cant even benefit from the resulting inflation wave. Even worse, the looming draconian budget cuts will be the pincer move that cuts income, and literally deals a death blow to public sector employment.

Do you want to be anywhere around NYC or HI when the sh!t really starts getting real?
we may well see inflation some day

but to speak of it now as though it's happening or will soon happen with crude < 20, copper under 2.5, and the 10Y clinging to .6% is silly

Peter Schiff likes to sell this idea and he's been dead wrong on it for a long time

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
You realise that you could be lumping a father and a son in the same generation?

Generalising never makes sense.

I'm 56 and computers were a thing in my entire professional life.

Somebody who is 74 is supposedly the same generation as me?

Weird.
LOL .... NFW! At 74 I'm not a 1%-er nor rich, but the house has been paid off for 14 years, I got my health (I think). I got a wahine 8 years younger than me, a dog and a parrot. WE can still go to the beach, do sh!t, hang out with friends who have the same thoughts, about where we live. We feel blessed. All of us on this tiny little dot in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
And for those dumb azz's in HB ... they need to be wearing Patrick Henry T-shirt's.

;)
"Give me liberty or give me death" 1775 - 2020

Last edited: