Tomo MPH

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Rona got me back here.

V4 and V4RN are my two favorite boards ever.

Psyko is good, but I'm not a pin tail kind of guy. I like a wider, smoother outline (cue 20W & grease stains).

Didn't think I'd like the V4RN, but it turned out better than I thought it would. It's not a groveler. For that, get a CyberSim from XTR. Worth every penny.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Dims suggestion for a 5.8 x 172# guy, middle ager(normally ride around 31L)? ride at same height or around your nose height?
anima would know best, but maybe 5’8, 19.5, 2.5. That should be around 31 based on the Nano V3 volume calculator on XTR’s website.

I’m assuming this is sized similar to a psyko, which is a couple inches longer than a Nano.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowqi2

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Dims suggestion for a 5.8 x 172# guy, middle ager(normally ride around 31L)? ride at same height or around your nose height?
Stock X-wing on the Firewire Japan site say 5'8" x 19 1/8 x 2 7/16 x 30.7L or 5'9" x 19 5/8 x 2 9/16 x 32.2L.
Since you are going customs you could probably go 5'8 x 19 1/2 x 2 7/16 and get it to around 31L. I would not suggest going too wide on the Tomo designs... rather playing with the rail volume instead. :shaka:

Reactions: Lowqi2 and JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I ordered a V3 Nano from Dan in Aus. Couldn’t be more stoked. Really great and professional ordering process. Hilton is a good dude and super responsive. Five stars.

I really really like XTR, but it’s rad to have the opportunity to once again order a custom through Dan.

Only two weeks left for erBB folks to take advantage of the discount that Dan is offering.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I heard turn around time is around 6 weeks. Mid-May is gonna feel like Christmas. :)

Only 9 more days to get the 20% off. Yeww :shaka:

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
I ordered a V3 Nano from Dan in Aus. Couldn’t be more stoked. Really great and professional ordering process. Hilton is a good dude and super responsive. Five stars.

I really really like XTR, but it’s rad to have the opportunity to once again order a custom through Dan.

Only two weeks left for erBB folks to take advantage of the discount that Dan is offering.
http://instagr.am/p/B_UovksgwEA/

• Love
Reactions: jkb and ANIMA

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
That looks epic, Jared! That's tempting me more than any of the others. Really wanted a GMM2, but they said no can do. That tail seems wider than it used to be too...

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That looks epic, Jared! That's tempting me than any of the others. Really wanted a GMM2, but they said no can do. That tail seems wider than it used to be too...
Thanks! It could be the angle. Looks epic.

Thanks, Dan, if you're reading this.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Here is a picture of the OB1 and the Xwing. The one I ordered should have the same outline as these, but with a double diamond. Basically an upgraded V4 is what i would call it. Dan made a V5 for Japan which I would say is more like the board im getting.

So, ReForest, your board is meant to be more of a DD, like the OB1, rather than for weak waves like the X-wing? Did you also order a 2nd board, a twin of some sort??
Trying to fight it, but this stupid quarantine got me gradually (inevitably) talking myself into pulling the trigger on a Tomo for weaker/slower waves as discussed above: Xwing or El Tomo quad (would prefer the bullet nose on that). The RNV4 looks tempting, but it sounds like V4 rocker makes it more of a good wave board, which I have plenty of already.
Goodfish- what did you end up ordering?

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Im not sure what exactly what sort of waves will work for the board i ordered. Its a new model, so we'll have to find out.
I did purchase a second board -- it's one of Dan's old boards. I figured if i'm paying that much for shipping then i might as well throw another board in there.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
As the world is adjusting to these unusual times , we would like to extend a special 20% off ‘mates rates’ discount to all of our customers for the month of April. Use discount code ‘redrock2020’ at checkout...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
So, ReForest, your board is meant to be more of a DD, like the OB1, rather than for weak waves like the X-wing? Did you also order a 2nd board, a twin of some sort??
Trying to fight it, but this stupid quarantine got me gradually (inevitably) talking myself into pulling the trigger on a Tomo for weaker/slower waves as discussed above: Xwing or El Tomo quad (would prefer the bullet nose on that). The RNV4 looks tempting, but it sounds like V4 rocker makes it more of a good wave board, which I have plenty of already.
Goodfish- what did you end up ordering?
I'm currently quarentining myself from ordering any more new boards at the moment as I'm pursuing my dream of #vanlife.

Delica 4X4 in case you're wondering...

1-00i0i_ehf2fYXZVjX_1200x900-1080x675.jpg