The day surfing died in San Diego

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
just missed you. was chatting with a lifeguard friend and he said state beach parking lots are still open, for now, except for Torrey Pines. i also asked about "beach" closure vs "water" closure. He said the closure applies to the water as well.

another friend just told me that the lifeguards in the tower at moonlight got on the PA to bark at a paddleboarder paddling by. they said the ocean was closed. how does that work?!?
I made the check via video, I'm full lockdown.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
there was surfing today, and there will be surfing tomorrow. although a friend claims a guy got a 1000 dollar ticket at cliffs, i don't believe it but he says it happened. newbs lets go people

Feb 3, 2015
LA County
I live by Moonlight and they weren't hesitant to boot us out of the water (about 10am). Granted they drove away pretty quickly (myself and one other snagged a few more waves before it went to sh!t) Seems like Encinitas is a little more ready to enforce things than most areas?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
As this progresses. When the final stats are tallied after its all done.

Surfers are going to have a death rate well above the national average.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I have noticed a lot fewer homeless on the street in the last few days. I guess when there's nobody to panhandle from they disappear?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Eddie would go....
The people are going to have to draw the line in the sand before we have to ask permission. This stuff isnt going to be rolled back later...psychological warfare. Will the police actually pepper spray somebody for going surfing? Do you want to live in that country?
Let the people who fear death self isolate. Dont fear the reaper. Fear fascism
It took you 7 posts to be stupid. A new troll handle because I ignored your old one? Buh bye

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I have noticed a lot fewer homeless on the street in the last few days. I guess when there's nobody to panhandle from they disappear?
There's a few on lower State Street. They have their signs out, "Stranded". But only other homeless around to read it. Like if I give you money, you would leave town.

A lot fewer in the parks.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Anyone know if they will let you cross through CBX with a boardbag? Now that martial law has been imposed at all SD beaches I am seriously considering jumping on a flight to Oaxaca tomorrow.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Anyone know if they will let you cross through CBX with a boardbag? Now that martial law has been imposed at all SD beaches I am seriously considering jumping on a flight to Oaxaca tomorrow.
Closed.