Tomo MPH

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I just picked up my Revo from XTR. No surfs yet. It's much more Evo than Hydroshort squash, but somewhere in between. Had a ton of fun on my Evo (+40yr intermediate). But don't love super short boards, so hopefully Revo is same thing, just a little more rail line.

Evo:
5' 05" 19 1/2" 2 1/2" 30.5 L
5' 08" 20 1/4" 2 11/16" 35.6 L
Revo:
5' 05" 19 1/8" 2 7/16" 28.4 L
5' 08" 19 7/8" 2 5/8" 33.2 L

Hydroshort (firewire version):
5' 08" 19 1/16" 2 7/16" 28.3 L

Reactions: SharkBoy and ANIMA

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
I just picked up my Revo from XTR. No surfs yet. It's much more Evo than Hydroshort squash, but somewhere in between. Had a ton of fun on my Evo (+40yr intermediate). But don't love super short boards, so hopefully Revo is same thing, just a little more rail line.

Evo:
Revo:

Bottom contours and rail thickness are similar? Revo probably an Evo version for guys who are taller and skinnier.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth

Evo:
Revo:

The description seemed to suggest the REVO was a more refined HP version of the Evo? Are the rails more tapered than the Evo?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Jealous. That one's on my wishlist. That classic round nose is more aesthetically pleasing to me than my GMM2's squared one. I wonder if they could add the Tomo quad-concave bottom?
What fins will you use? Smaller trailer?

Reactions: Goodfish

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
REVO looks interesting although I wasnt in love with the evo, thought it lacked the drive of the Nano and Vader, and less responsive than the Vader. That said, i didn't hate it, it was a stable, predictable board for lined-up and less punchy waves. Think refined rails, a touch narrower and a longer rail line might be just the little difference i'd like in it..add the drive and response to that milkshake

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Jealous. That one's on my wishlist. That classic round nose is more aesthetically pleasing to me than my GMM2's squared one. I wonder if they could add the Tomo quad-concave bottom?
I'm almost 100% positive it would be a hard no on the concaves. Since XTR is just cutting and finish shaping them without DT's help, they aren't allowed to customize the design. That's one of the biggest bummers about ordering a Tomo through XTR. I've asked for different tails and noses and it's always a no go. I'd kill for the GMM2 rocker on a hydrosquash template.

And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure the QISC would do much for that board anyways. My original GMM2 had a really deep QISC and I was convinced that had to be part of the magic. The QISC on my new GMM2 is much more subdued and it still has the same magic.

Cybersim looks fun though. Always wondered what the rocker was like compared to the GMM2. Cybersim looks like a GMM2 in the ass end.

Reactions: Havoc and ANIMA

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
That Cybersim looks really good. Just listened to RK on The Wire podcast. Can't really stand Shred Show guy as he just tries to cut in and speak bs all the time, but I've been following Hydrodynamica for a good few years now. RK seems like a cool guy, and is full of stories. Would be good if David Scales could get him on Surf Splendor and just let him talk.

I've been considering a GMM2 for a while now. I want one, but I know I shouldn't. Must. Control. Urge. To. Order. New. Boards...

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
That Cybersim looks really good. Just listened to RK on The Wire podcast. Can't really stand Shred Show guy as he just tries to cut in and speak bs all the time, but I've been following Hydrodynamica for a good few years now. RK seems like a cool guy, and is full of stories. Would be good if David Scales could get him on Surf Splendor and just let him talk.

I've been considering a GMM2 for a while now. I want one, but I know I shouldn't. Must. Control. Urge. To. Order. New. Boards...
You got it bad my friend. :D

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
bottom looks like single contour running from nose to tail, shallowing out in the tail, I ran am1s, slight rocker, not totally flat, board is pretty fast, fins might be a tad small for the wide tail though...board faceplants well too! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and jkb

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
REVO looks interesting although I wasnt in love with the evo, thought it lacked the drive of the Nano and Vader, and less responsive than the Vader. That said, i didn't hate it, it was a stable, predictable board for lined-up and less punchy waves. Think refined rails, a touch narrower and a longer rail line might be just the little difference i'd like in it..add the drive and response to that milkshake
I agree. The rails on the Evo are kind of boxy and the stock dims are wide. A little long, more pinched rail, and slimmer sounds magic!

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth

I listened to that podcast as well. RK describing the Cybersim makes me wanna get one! Especially how he says it has the feel of a twin with the turning ability of a thruster. Sounds magic!

Reactions: Goodfish