It cannot be good for the United States to have such a weak leader

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If the Democrats want to really rattle Trump during the debates, they need to run a quick-witted woman (nothing offends him more than women who are better than him at anything), especially one that is not afraid to go toe-to-toe with him. Better yet, one who served so they can call him out for a being a pussy, question whether his penis was the bone spur (emphasis on the spur) in question, and when referred to as a "nasty" woman (Trump really is weak on insults), respond by saying she can't be THAT nasty since she hasn't slept with Trump, not even for money.
Tulsi Gabbard. You’re welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I was listening to a podcast today (Mind Pump) with Dr Arthur Brooks (Harvard professor, former CEO of American Enterprise Institute) as the guest. He said that he has a data set for something like 80 countries for 120 years worth of elections.

Dr Brooks said whenever there is a recession, followed by a recovery with uneven economic gains that favor the wealthy, a populist leader being elected will typically follow. Which blows a huge hole in the whole “Trump won cuz racism!” narrative, given that this pattern has been repeated throughout the history of democracy.

Dr Brooks is also a proponent of calling out the flaws in your own team, as opposed to calling out your opposition which really takes no courage at all.

Which you rarely see here, or anywhere in this country in the current political cloamte, CUZ ORANJ MAN BAD!!!!

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
This says a lot about the Dems who keep losing to a dumb weakling.
Aha but what if the reason we lost is because of the unrivaled stupidity of GOP rednecks — I.e., the Trump “base”? If they were ANY bit smarter trump would have been laughed straight off the GOP platform a LONG time ago.

But no, they are too stupid and gullible and... here we are.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Aha but what if the reason we lost is because of the unrivaled stupidity of GOP rednecks — I.e., the Trump “base”? If they were ANY bit smarter trump would have been laughed straight off the GOP platform a LONG time ago.

Ok. So even if that’s true, what does it say about the Democrats if they cannot choose a candidate who can beat Trump in the the wake of the supposed disaster that is all things Trump?

Also, if Trump won because of white supremacy, where was the black vote for HRC in key states like a Michigan?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
International alliances caused WWI, which caused WWII and the Cold War
Competing, conflicting bilateral alliances caused WW1, the resolution of which was a major cause of WW2.

Since WW2 strong, multilateral alliances have kept international shooting wars to a historic low.

• Dislike
Reactions: Ifallalot and afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Ok. So even if that’s true, what does it say about the Democrats if they cannot choose a candidate who can beat Trump in the the wake of the supposed disaster that is all things Trump?
the argument assumes a rational voting population

I think Trump's first victory demonstrates that voters' calculus is not
what we would have traditionally considered logical or of fruitful aims.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

‘Thinking like this and saying it out loud is one of the reasons dems lost.

Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I was listening to a podcast today (Mind Pump) with Dr Arthur Brooks (Harvard professor, former CEO of American Enterprise Institute) as the guest. He said that he has a data set for something like 80 countries for 120 years worth of elections.

Dr Brooks said whenever there is a recession, followed by a recovery with uneven economic gains that favor the wealthy, a populist leader being elected will typically follow. Which blows a huge hole in the whole “Trump won cuz racism!” narrative, given that this pattern has been repeated throughout the history of democracy.

Dr Brooks is also a proponent of calling out the flaws in your own team, as opposed to calling out your opposition which really takes no courage at all.

Which you rarely see here, or anywhere in this country in the current political cloamte, CUZ ORANJ MAN BAD!!!!
What would Dr Brooks say about people who screech ORANJ MAN BAD and trivialise the damage orange man is doing?

While seeing Antifa and SJW as a threat?

All you do is point the flaws in your team and never call out your supposed opposition.

So brave!

Except you are not on the team you think you are.

Independejo.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
the argument assumes a rational voting population
Sure, but that could go either way. Overall I have a hard time believing that Trump was able to rally 10s of thousands of white supremacists and latent racists in key swing states without raising the alarm of blacks and black activists. The math doesn't add up.

think Trump's first victory demonstrates that voters' calculus is not
what we would have traditionally considered logical or of fruitful aims.
Cult power is real. As is TDS.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
What would Dr Brooks say about people who screech ORANJ MAN BAD and trivialise the damage orange man is doing?
I have spoken out against Trump dozens of times. Not once have I ever said anything remotely favorable about him. I challenge you to find an example to the contrary. Besides, there are already literally thousands of threads about how horrible the Bad Orange Man is.

While seeing Antifa and SJW as a threat?

All you do is point the flaws in your team and never call out your supposed opposition.

So brave!
That's exactly my point. I don't think Antifa is a worse threat than Trump, nor have I ever stated that. However I do think that Antifa and SJW idiots are damaging the left because they feed Breitbart, Faux News, etc with endless soundbites and examples that show the public examples of how the absurd left can be. If nobody calls them out, they will only get more idiotic, which has only proven to be true in the post Trump years.

If anything, I'm providing a service.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I have spoken out against Trump dozens of times. Not once have I ever said anything remotely favorable about him. I challenge you to find an example to the contrary. Besides, there are already literally thousands of threads about how horrible the Bad Orange Man is.

That's exactly my point. I don't think Antifa is a worse threat than Trump, nor have I ever stated that. However I do think that Antifa and SJW idiots are damaging the left because they feed Breitbart, Faux News, etc with endless soundbites and examples that show the public examples of how the absurd left can be. If nobody calls them out, they will only get more idiotic, which has only proven to be true in the post Trump years.

If anything, I'm providing a service.
Uh no. Antifa is insignificant.

Trump is significant. Stephen Miller, a white nationalist in the White House, is significant.

Yet you don't even know who he is and you ridicule people who are calling out Trump on his bullshit.

So stunningly brave.

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Uh no. Antifa is insignificant.

Trump is significant. Stephen Miller, a white nationalist in the White House, is significant.

Yet you don't even know who he is and you ridicule people who are calling out Trump on his bullshit.

So stunningly brave.
Lolz. The left is cannibalizing itself as we speak and digging itself into a deeper hole, while also failing to provide an alternative to Trump for 2020.

So yeah, maybe my priorities aren’t the problem? If Trump wins again, the Dems only have themselves to blame. Yet they will still blame the EC, white supremacy, and all of the racists in the Midwest.