Controversial erBB topics: What is the definitive breakfast sandwich?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
WE ARE FKN DONE HERE
I mean we serve wonder bread with our BBQ like it's the holy
fkn sacrament with the bbq sauce blood of christ but heaven
forbid we put some spicy fried chicken and slaw on a bit of
white manna from hawaii?

fkkkkkk yeeeeeeeew

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
WE ARE FKN DONE HERE
If by "we" you mean your ilk, yeah, you're done. You have been toasted such that the crust is actually crust, not just dough walked through a warm room, done.

Look I tried to save my boy Hal because he's Jersey people. The rest of you are pretty much flyover hayseed hicks who have been told to keep goin' since you left Oklahoma.

Tacos aren't sandwiches and that fckn denture-safe wheat product you people put edible objects between sure as fk isn't bread.
Deal with it.

• Love
Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Also......what's inside the crust of bread? More bread.

What's inside of a tortilla? NOTHING, because there is no inside of a tortilla.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I mean we serve wonder bread with our BBQ like it's the holy
fkn sacrament with the bbq sauce blood of christ but heaven
forbid we put some spicy fried chicken and slaw on a bit of
white manna from hawaii?

fkkkkkk yeeeeeeeew
Wonder Bread and Bimbo Bread is straight garbage. So one of your ilk managed to forget about the glue and sawdust smoothie he was making and came back to it, sliced it, and 'et it. Doesn't make it palatable.

Claim the hawaiian haole hoagie all day though.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Also......what's inside the crust of bread? More bread.

What's inside of a tortilla? NOTHING, because there is no inside of a tortilla.
Flatbread is still bread, the difference is only air. If I stomp all over your loaf of “bread” it becomes flat (nothing inside).

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Flatbread is still bread, the difference is only air. If I stomp all over your loaf of “bread” it becomes flat (nothing inside).
No, if you stomp all over what you sh!t slurping plebs call bread, it becomes flat.

Real italian bread or a real baguette will retain 3 dimensions, you might sprain an ankle, and that's before you "accidentally" go headfirst down the stairs.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Tortillas aren't bread. Stop being obtuse.

Ever order a sandwich and when they ask you "what type of break would you like", you say "hmmmmm.......tortialla bread"? No, that would be stupid.

Tortilla is not bread. That's why it's called tortilla and not bread.
Yes. That is a common way to order a sandwich. People often call it a wrap so as not to confuse your ilk

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah exactly. Some **** from Orange County who has a restaurant called "The French Laundry" in Napa agrees with you. I think this guy got dumped by Lloyd in Entourage for being too beta.

You should go on a picnic date with Helen Keller or whatever your boy's name is and both of you can eat this new French sandwich (at least by your definition). Le Tide Pod. Post a review!

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
No, if you stomp all over what you sh!t slurping plebs call bread, it becomes flat.

Real italian bread or a real baguette will retain 3 dimensions, you might sprain an ankle, and that's before you "accidentally" go headfirst down the stairs.
No, the brittle crust will crack under pressure and the bread inside will become a pancake of its former self.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Bread must:

-be wheat flour based
-have yeast or baking soda as a leavening agent (see: Irish Soda Bread)
-be kneaded into a dough
-contain gluten
-have an outer crust and a softer inside.

It's not that complicated, folks.

A hotdog is not a sandwich.

A hamburger is clearly a sandwich.
How is a hot dog bun different than a hamburger bun besides shape? What if you put “sandwich” toppings on a hot dog bun?