Joel Tudor still a turd

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I was in an inland skateshop this weekend and the kids (high schoolers) were talking all kinds with the guy redoing their bearings., then Joel Tudor‘s name comes up.

The kids were all...” He’s So STEEZE!. even as he drops in...we were like fark“.....

Now at this point I had to agree with the kids, I shared a ramp with him 25 years ago (that seriously just fsrked with my head, I’m getting old) and he even had stellar skate style back then. I would rather watch him skate any day than surf. His turns bug me.

”Isn’t he a bad ass too? Asked/explained one of the kids”.

Skateshop guys gives them the whole low down of how he got his ass whoop in Hawaii, started training, now gives chicken skin kine with the puckering of an eyelid.

I like listening in shops.

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
I had always heard bad stories about him but met him at a surf movie and he talked to me like he knew me and was really friendly. My friend even told him he had always heard he was a douche and Joel just laughed.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
wonder how often he sees a guy longboarding and thinks "he's a wannabe me"

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Shared a lineup with him recently, he's mellowed out a lot.

I think it's easy to hate on guys like him and Alex Knost, but those guys been the same since day one - it's not an act or trend.
Also I heard Knost is super nice guy.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I dropped acid with Joel, lived with his cousin, and he got a two page spread at Pipe on a single fin of mine back in the day, so he says hi to me and doesn't choke me out. Win win.

captyoda

Nep status
Feb 18, 2013
North County
And to think of all the times you held his picture in a magazine with one hand, and he doesn't even know who you are.
I’m sure I’ve saw pictures of Joel in a magazine, but nothing sticks out in my mind. I could care less how well he surfs, the guy is a douche. Gabriel Medina surfs well also. I don’t like his judgemental attitude
Be like me or your lame thing that is constant. His attitude is stifling. Conform to my image is bullshit. He’s a bro in hipster clothing. A poser, a phony. Yes you could quit high school and be 110 pounds and be good at riding the easiest thing possible too and act like your not a copy of a copy. So fucking boring.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I’m sure I’ve saw pictures of Joel in a magazine, but nothing sticks out in my mind. I could care less how well he surfs, the guy is a douche. Gabriel Medina surfs well also. I don’t like his judgemental attitude
Be like me or your lame thing that is constant. His attitude is stifling. Conform to my image is bullshit. He’s a bro in hipster clothing. A poser, a phony. Yes you could quit high school and be 110 pounds and be good at riding the easiest thing possible too and act like your not a copy of a copy. So fucking boring.
Have you ever met him in person?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Sponge's "fleeting but cordial" reply for the win, documented with pics!!!