Joel Tudor still a turd

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Nope Griffy,

It's well known that Lance and Joel's dad beat some dude who wouldn't leave the contest area at Malibu. You're much better at shaping boards than remembering facts. You suck as a supposed "insider."

You said in a previous post that Lance beat Joel's dad.

"You could talk about when Lance beat up his Dad at the Bu"

In regards to Joel, I've never met him. I was living in North County SD in the late 80's early 90's and have 6 years on Joel. He would have been in Jr. High the couple of times I surfed by him at George's. I think it's pretty rad what Vans and Joel are doing with the Duct Tape contests.

Here ya go maybe , enjoy :

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Nope Griffy,

It's well known that Lance and Joel's dad beat some dude who wouldn't leave the contest area at Malibu. You're much better at shaping boards than remembering facts. You suck as a supposed "insider."

You said in a previous post that Lance beat Joel's dad.

"You could talk about when Lance beat up his Dad at the Bu"
Indeed. And this is the reason that you will see 2-3 uniformed Sheriff's chilling at Malibu at every event crushing a few hundred/hour with the easiest gig ever. They pack a lunch, pitch an EZup, put on some sandals and cruise through a 10 hour shift watching chicks stroll by.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Says Lance H lost all his major sponsors and Tudors dad had to sell their home.

is that all true

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Lance Ho'okano, H O'O K A N O, for those that don't know his last name or that can't spell it. And I have no idea on what the repercussions were concerning the Malibu incident ~

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I have no personal experience with Joel, but his instagram is pathetic. He comes off a blowhard who thinks everything he's doing is cool and if you like different things then you're lame. I expect that behavior out of high school kids, but not men in their 40's. Maybe its to keep the sponsors happy since hipster dorks love his shtick.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Lance Ho'okano, H O'O K A N O, for those that don't know his last name or that can't spell it. And I have no idea on what the repercussions were concerning the Malibu incident ~
I couldn’t figure out how to spell it properly and didn’t want to look like a kook trying.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
During El Niño when the wave‘s sprays were hitting the top of the Chart House and trowing rocks over Coast Highway, there were only two who managed to paddle to the outside. Son Oly and Josh. I wasn’t there but Tom English took some video’s of them from up the hill. As a father, I had this sick feeling in my gut looking at the conditions and wave size. Then the (ex) surfer in me made it all seem right. These two were stoked beyond explanation. Both Josh and Oly have families now and have slowed Down a bit but they still get it on and share the stoke! Wish I could still join him but... Thanks for the kudos for my son, Josh was a good influence and someone Oly truly respected and enjoyed trips to Mexico with!
I remember that day, it was a rare mean day. I was ten yards behind, got crushed and washed in. Oly caught two waves and came in, too big for Cardiff.

manbearpig said:
Four pages on a hate thread and barely any gossip of substance?
Errb is slackin.
Like I said above, were good frenemies. Here's some incidents over the years.
*At fourteen, having Papa Joe taking off way too deep and yelling, so's Joel could shoulder hop and get the wave.
*Poor tactics in a contest at San Miguel, he received the interference and was out. Mom sure gave me an earful, until one of my buddies said something like, "Soup pays his own rent and doesn't live at home, you think he's just going to give it away?".
*At a PSAA Bud Tour event at Seaside, he actually did burn me, got the interference, and still advanced.
*After waiting for a loooong time at Todos Santos, sitting super deep (it was high tide). Finally getting a set, only to be stuffed by Joel from the shoulder. To make matters worse, one of the guys on my boat got a large facial cut on the previous wave, we had to leave before words could be exchanged.
*As revenge, years later, intentionally stuffing Joel so hard it was redonkulous on a pretty large slabber. There was talk about me turning into a pretzel, didn't happen. Best part was it took Joel off his game, he couldn't buy a wave after that.
*The Hawaiian's teaming up to deny Joel the world title at Malibu. I forget who the associates were, but Russ K. won in the fix.

We laugh now about all that crap.
Say what you want, he has lots of friends in way higher places than just about any of us. Surfs all the time and all over, he's got a good gig.

Last edited:

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Joel surfs Todos?
The first time my son surfed Todos with the Tudors he was paddling out and out of position. The wave jacked a bit, his gun come up and hit him in the face breaking his nose. By the time he got home that evening and a trip to the ER to get his nose set he swore the setting was 10 times more painful than the actual break. The next time he broke his nose he passed on an ER visit.