The Ranch to get public access?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

"It’s a sad day," said Conner Coffin, whose family owns property in the Ranch, in an Instagram comment. "One thing our race seems to consistently be good at, taking people’s land and fucking it up."

Too much irony.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
YMCA was supposed to have an easement on a parcel back in the 70s
Thats the short version. I dont feel like looking up the details again but theres a number of LA times articles on it.

"It’s a sad day," said Conner Coffin, whose family owns property in the Ranch, in an Instagram comment. "One thing our race seems to consistently be good at, taking people’s land and fucking it up."

Too much irony.
Collective racial guilt for whitey = good
Collective racial guilt for any other group = bad

That literally all you need to know in America these days.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
No one has been attacked on the beach in 20+ years if ever. In fact, the only fights on the beach to ever take place were between owners. No one has been attacked for anchoring a boat ever. No one has ever been blocked from walking in or attacked for it. the hoist has been fucked with 20+ years ago I will give you that. Stop living in the past. If you actually surfed the ranch you would know its been super mellow since the 00s.

The ranch owners being mean has absolutely nothing to do with this. The govt "took action" because the hroa allowed it to be in the legal work when they began to allow development decades ago as well as the whole YMCA thing.

Link?
This whole fooking thing....
But I would say...based on my evidence....that the hoist was not fooked with much, if at all, after 1985.
Never missed a beat due to this....and if it did happen I opt'd for a beach launch...sure 'bout that.
Sorta like right now. BTW

State could spend a mil + on the pier for fishing and launching....huge benefit for many including Gaviota State Park...vs. facilitating all the added infrastructure that will be required to support public access.

BTW...where's old friend Dirt on this?

Last edited:

CJSB

Nep status
Apr 8, 2009
Santa Barbara
^the new pier has been in the works for a while, updated engineering plans and a new “groin” are currently under review. They are proposing to building a rip/rap jetty of some form, in addition to the new pier/hoist. Should get done before Newsom’s land grab is out of the Supreme Court.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
It’s a sad day," said Conner Coffin, whose family owns property in the Ranch, in an Instagram comment. "One thing our race seems to consistently be good at, taking people’s land and fucking it up."

What's this supposed to mean???
OH, Poor little CC!! you 1%er
Every Race is farking things up these days! Why is it sad? cause you don't get enough good waves to yourself as it is? HA!

Kid grew up w a silver spoon, home schooled, family owns on the north shore, SB and ranch, among probably other places. Kid surfs all over the world at all the best spots, sees all kinds of 3rd world life and problems, and to me, his comment above just seems elitest, and in line with the rest of the grumpy old HR guys.
Granted, he probably does well financially with surfing, but it surely hasn't afforded him those properties that his family owns, and certainly I wouldn't have thought he'd react like that.
Whatever dood!
rant over!

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
It’s a sad day," said Conner Coffin, whose family owns property in the Ranch, in an Instagram comment. "One thing our race seems to consistently be good at, taking people’s land and fucking it up."

What's this supposed to mean???
OH, Poor little CC!! you 1%er
Every Race is farking things up these days! Why is it sad? cause you don't get enough good waves to yourself as it is? HA!

Kid grew up w a silver spoon, home schooled, family owns on the north shore, SB and ranch, among probably other places. Kid surfs all over the world at all the best spots, sees all kinds of 3rd world life and problems, and to me, his comment above just seems elitest, and in line with the rest of the grumpy old HR guys.
Granted, he probably does well financially with surfing, but it surely hasn't afforded him those properties that his family owns, and certainly I wouldn't have thought he'd react like that.
Whatever dood!
rant over!
Seriously. I’m surprised he didn’t he didn’t choke on that silver spoon while typing that out.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I'm sure he's wishing he could reword that. If you've ever met the kid, he's pretty squeaky clean and extra humble, and a super good role model to groms. Sure he had financial means most of us don't but also worked his butt of to get where he is.

Jan 14, 2004
^the new pier has been in the works for a while, updated engineering plans and a new “groin” are currently under review. They are proposing to building a rip/rap jetty of some form, in addition to the new pier/hoist. Should get done before Newsom’s land grab is out of the Supreme Court.
I believe the Coastal Commission denied the State Parks' pier repair project in September because of the rip rap.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
F CC. Spoiled brat. Work, my ass. He's just soooo handsome. Where's the lube?
That's pretty mean and unfair. Do you feel the same about Lakey? If no then there is sorta some kind of deep rooted and baseless hate thing going on.
I know you don't like the guy for whatever reason but I'm guessing you've never met and had a conversation with him (or his brother, or dad). You should strike one up next time you see him at 'con or Strand.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
I'm sure he's wishing he could reword that. If you've ever met the kid, he's pretty squeaky clean and extra humble, and a super good role model to groms. Sure he had financial means most of us don't but also worked his butt of to get where he is.
I guess he could reword it immediately, the way he made the comment in the first place, right? Maybe he needs to wish harder, then someone could do it for him (like the erbb!). Joke!

I don't know him, and maybe he is humble, etc... but I wonder how much he really gives back to the other 99.5% who didn't win the genetic lottery.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
That's pretty mean and unfair. Do you feel the same about Lakey? If no then there is sorta some kind of deep rooted and baseless hate thing going on.
I know you don't like the guy for whatever reason but I'm guessing you've never met and had a conversation with him (or his brother, or dad). You should strike one up next time you see him at 'con or Strand.
Maybe he was going for the irony?

Spoiled child actor, no talent singer who can't carry a tune, drug addict, who now makes his living by getting paid to be friends with drug addicts.

We gotta move these refrigerators... little faggot with an ear ring and a mink coat... money for nothing and chicks for free...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
F CC. Spoiled brat. Work, my ass. He's just soooo handsome. Where's the lube?
Conner and Parker are two of the nicest, most humble, down to earth dudes you could ever meet. Super respectful in and out of the water and it’s not an act.

Yeah, they come from money. So what?

I’ll take a good person who’s wealthy over an envious sh!t bag any day.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesgang