The Ranch to get public access?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I believe the Coastal Commission denied the State Parks' pier repair project in September because of the rip rap.
You can find the plans for the rebuild on-line...did not see anything but a rock pile at the base of the pier. Gotta say though....not a big fan of the fix short term.....beach launching sorts out the non dedicated folk......but know it's the right thing to do.

When does it come up for review again?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Talk to a friend of mine who recently bought a large parcel with a killer house out there and asked about this issue.

He said, “It ain’t gonna happen.”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'll leave this little story here....
interesting and somewhat informative, historically speaking....

This is the 3rd or 4th time this stupid piece has been posted here. The writer is an idiot who personifies so much that is wrong with the state of surfing today.

You can see it in the first line, “when i set out to be a surfer”.

He didn’t want to learn to surf. He didn’t want to enjoy the ocean. He didn’t want to ride waves.

He wanted to be some idea he had in his head of what people who ride waves are.

A false idea for sure. Fuckk that guy. Burn him everywhere he goes.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
This is the 3rd or 4th time this stupid piece has been posted here. The writer is an idiot who personifies so much that is wrong with the state of surfing today.

Tell us why its wrong to point out the references of nazi symbols in relation to surfing symbols?
They insight hatred, fear, and rebellion. I don't see a problem, it's just a story with a little bit of historical reference.

Also,
Show me where its been posted, because it looks like it was published sept 28 2019.

You can see it in the first line, “when i set out to be a surfer”.

It's a story Duffy, about nazi signs, white surfers, and the significance of nazi symbols related to surfing. Why the hate?

He didn’t want to learn to surf. He didn’t want to enjoy the ocean. He didn’t want to ride waves.

It doesn't say that, it says the opposite. He wanted to and learned from his uncle who lived in Hawaii as a young teen.
He didn't get further into surfing until he graduated college, so what, 21-22 yrs old?? What the fook is wrong with that??

He wanted to be some idea he had in his head of what people who ride waves are.

It's a feeling isn't it? I'm sure you can relate...

A false idea for sure. Fuckk that guy. Burn him everywhere he goes.

Have fun with that....
I read it a little differently.
Hadn't seen it here before.
Just food for thought.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Was up there yesterday, Absolutely beautiful day (no surf though) but the fishing was decent.
Still bums me out though, thinking there's a possibility of the GP having open access, nice looking at the mountains and beaches and knowing this is what CA looked like a 150+ years ago.
Also, my buddy was telling me Sarlo bought some property. I'm sure he'll be welcomed with open arms. Maybe Yvonne will throw him a welcoming party:LOL:
Ranchito.jpg
BTW Duffy, one of your friend's name Richie?

Last edited:
Reactions: surfysurfy1476