Carlsbad
if we're talking about drugs, I don't believe policy changes have anything to
do with concern for the stigmatization of users so much as law enforcement
re-evaluating enforcement priorities and the voting public being squarely in
favor of more personal choice.

criminal justice reform laws that allow felons to vote and prevent employers
from asking if an applicant is a felon, on the other hand, could be counted as
a shift towards de-stigmatization.
Actually, I wasn't just talking about drug laws. In other news, prisons are releasing inmates and cops in SoCal aren't making certain arrests and cases are being pled out due to those offenses being given low priority. So regardless of what the law SAYS, the manner in which it's enforced, adjudicated and penalized is less than is technically required. You might say the effective minimums of our society are lower than the technical minimums.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
So you're saying that the news reports of there supposedly being as many or more guns than people in the U.S. is fake news?
I've never said that dummy.

You're presuming that 100 million people who own all 300 million guns in this country will chose to become criminals if the new gun laws are imposed and start printing 3D gun toys in their garages.

That's a fantasy.

Most people will not choose that path.

Learn to read FFS

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
Americans proved over and over again that they can't be trusted with firearms.
One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Anyways, if you're a build-your-own fanboi and you want to keep the cops away from your door you might consider selling off the guns you do possess which can be traced to you. Why hold what you can readily replace on the down-lo?

Shoot, I think they can even build the 3d printers on their own these days, so trying to register those will be a non-starter, too.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Anyways, if you're a build-your-own fanboi and you want to keep the cops away from your door you might consider selling off the guns you possess that can be traced to you. Why hold what you can readily replace on the down-lo?
That's called criminal activity.

I thought you were a cop once.

Must have been a really shiity one.

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
Nobody wants to disarm people idiot.

AR15 =/= all guns
That's a lie. I've seen you slip several times and admit that is your wish. I'll point it out to you the next time you do it. Because you will do it again. You can't stop yourself.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So you can't really respond to my comment, like GrossDad, you're incapable of it.

How is it possible that a person can get dumber as they grow older?

Fascinating.
I don't need to. You routinely screech about how PEEPLE DON"T NEED WAR GUNS LIKE AR and then say AR NOT WAR GUN out of the other side of your mouth?

Which is it? Why does the military use AR-type rifles if they're so ineffective?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's a lie. I've seen you slip several times and admit that is your wish. I'll point it out to you the next time you do it. Because you will do it again. You can't stop yourself.
He probably has done it in either this thread or one that's on the front page

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
At the rate the tech has been evolving, it's soon going to be a lot quicker and easier for a layperson to obtain a gun that nobody else knows about than it will be to grow your own weed.

As demonstrated by the occurrence of the $200 3D printers. It was just a couple years ago than the low cost leaders started at $1500.

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
According to the National Crime Survey administered by the Bureau of the Census and the National Institute of Justice, it was found that only 12 percent of those who use a gun to resist assault are injured, as are 17 percent of those who use a gun to resist robbery. These percentages are 27 and 25 percent, respectively, if they passively comply with the felon's demands. Three times as many were injured if they used other means of resistance.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Uh, really?

I tell you that I'm not for banning guns and you tell me I'm lying?

What a fvcking idiot.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Regardless how the laws go, the one segment of the population who will never lose access to guns will be the people who actually use them to commit crimes of violence and threats of violence. Including those who are so inclined as to commit the mass shootings.

Actual gun control in the U.S. is rapidly becoming a fantasy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I do. Perhaps you should try it?

If you meant to say "total prohibition" you should have included the qualifier.

You didn't.

You're not very good at this.
So under their policies of "partial prohibition," you still get to have your guns.

What's the problem?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
So under their policies of "partial prohibition," you still get to have your guns.

What's the problem?
Because everyone knows they don't intend to stop at "partial". Everyone understands the 2A is the frog that's sitting in the pot of water with the gun control crowd doing whatever they can to turn the heat up.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I never said it was the majority. I said it was the advocates.

(you misreading it as "the majority" is your tell)