Daytona Gun Show

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So what was it like at the gun show? Nut-job central, or reasonable people central?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Even if the NRA is so inclined, it's highly doubtful they have any significant influence over this progression.

At some point these guys are going to do their own designs, specific to their build process. I don't know anything about the engineering involved, but it's not hard to imagine these guys eventually getting to the disposable gun, one that isn't even designed to be reloaded. You only load it once, so there's no swapping magazines nor any need for the build quality to hold up for 100 rounds let alone 10,000. They'd be designed to shoot it out one time and then drop it. The police can recover the gun but so what? That can't tell where anything came from or tie it to the shooter.

Not just handguns, either. They've already been doing rifle and subgun receivers. I just saw a vid posted by a kid who clearly doesn't know how to handle an AR - but he was capable of printing a bump stock for that AR in his garage. And show that the damn thing works. They're printing shoulder stocks for handguns that effectively turn them into an UZi-style subgun.

The morality of the trend is separate from the likelihood of it's progression. These guys aren't even doing it because they want a $5 Glock frame. They're doing it because they can and because it's considered transgressive and because it triggers the gun grabbers.
So your prognosis is that millions of gun turds will become criminals?

That's not very American.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Gun tech is pretty simple these days.

The specs are available. The technology to build it is available. Maybe we need a new TV show like "Forged in GunFire".

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I was just chatting with someone about the decision Colt made to stop selling ARs to civilians. He lives back east and he shoots recreationally. He said he was unusual among his friends because he only owns one AR-style rifle. Most of them own several.

He also said that most avid shooters never buy a whole AR - that's for noobs. The AR pattern rifle is apparently the Lego of the gun world. They buy the $80 lower receivers and build-to-suit the rest from parts. He knows one guy who has 100 of the lowers in his garage and he puts them together on the friends and family program for as little as $300 in parts. Tons of Youtubes showing the assembly, so that's doable for a noob, too. (according to him)

He also said it was the competition that basically triggered Colt's withdrawal from the civilian market. Why pay the retail price of $900 for a Colt when you can build a clone for half?
Everybody and their brother makes an AR type rifle. Even Remington makes one but I don't know who in their right mind would buy a Remington R15 for $1,200+???? Colt same same in the $1,000+ category. While there are people who will pay extra for the Colt name I can't imagine they sell very many given the market of much less expensive versions also given how many people who want them tend to want to build them piece by piece.

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
pretty cool how he played dress up for the video! do you dress up like a call of duty character when you fondle your guns?
Absolutely. It really helps on Range Day to rev yourself up and get in character. I practice my draw and mean face for 30 minutes every single day. I've lost a couple of mirrors to unfortunate accidents, but it's well worth perfecting my intimidating visage.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Criminals and tyrants will always have guns. Never forget that.
Yes you will.

When new gun laws inevitably get introduced, you will not follow them. So you will become a criminal.

And you and the rest of NRA goons have been keeping this country hostage for way too long.

100 million people, owning 300 million guns. Fvck what other 230 million want, right?

Even most gun owners want more stringent gun laws.

That's called tyranny.

• Haha

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I'll stick with good old fashioned lead. Old tire weights melt down nicely. Bullet molds are cheap.
If you can't print ammo at home, the whole gun turd "fvck the government and law of the land, I will print my own gun toys" is not really going to work if ammo has to come through legal channels.

You really didn't think this whole armed rebellion thingy through, have you?

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
If you can't print ammo at home, the whole gun turd "fvck the government and law of the land, I will print my own gun toys" is not really going to work if ammo has to come through legal channels.

You really didn't think this whole armed rebellion thingy through, have you?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At this point I probably have enough raw materials (brass, lead, powder and primers) to load 50,000 rounds or more. And it was cheap. The above setup is crude and slow, but it works. My press is far, far faster. People have been doing this for hundreds of years. No need for 3D printers. No need to complicate something so simple and easy to accomplish.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At this point I probably have enough raw materials (brass, lead, powder and primers) to load 50,000 rounds or more. And it was cheap. The above setup is crude and slow, but it works. My press is far, far faster. People have been doing this for hundreds of years. No need for 3D printers. No need to complicate something so simple and easy to accomplish.
Good, hope you can keep up with ammo production and have enough bullets when the US military or cops start knocking on your door.

You can finally live your fantasy of fighting gubmint tyranny!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Pretending that being a gun turd is a selfless endeavour and that they are sacrificing their life so you can type words on a surfboarding forum, is particularly dumb.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
LOL - your first reaction was to think you could stop them at the ammo.

The lo-skill homebuilt application doesn't just stop at the U.S. border, either. What these guys are doing and sharing online is already available to anyone, anwhere, who can get their hands on the raw materials.

Even if the plans could be quashed and outlawed, just the fact that it's already known to be possible would lead to more people designing and building their own. These guys are just doing copies now. As I said before, it's just a matter of time until some of them start designing their own, at which point the sky is the limit. 30 and 40 round magazines, 100-round drums, belt fed, stripper clips. Heck, I think I saw a couple of people printing suppressors.

The gun prohibitions and import restrictions which exist worldwide? These guys are rendering those obsolete. They're literally handing the 2A to all of humanity. They're giving new meaning to the term Global Arms Race. The only limiting factor to the proliferation will be personal choice and preference and the personal aversion to guns.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
LOL - your first reaction was to think you could stop them at the ammo.

The lo-skill homebuilt application doesn't just stop at the U.S. border, either. What these guys are doing and sharing online is already available to anyone, anwhere, who can get their hands on the raw materials.

Even if the plans could be quashed and outlawed, just the fact that it's already known to be possible would lead to more people designing and building their own. These guys are just doing copies now. As I said before, it's just a matter of time until some of them start designing their own, at which point the sky is the limit. 30 and 40 round magazines, 100-round drums, belt fed, stripper clips. Heck, I think I saw a couple of people printing suppressors.

The gun prohibitions and import restrictions which exist worldwide? These guys are rendering those obsolete. They're literally handing the 2A to all of humanity. They're giving new meaning to the term Global Arms Race. The only limiting factor to the proliferation will be personal choice and preference and the personal aversion to guns.
So you're hoping that 100 million gun turds will all simultaneously defy the law and become criminals if the new gun laws were introduced?

That's not a traditional family value.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
No, I'm not hoping that. I'm just taking note of human nature and making the assumption that people will tend to continue to act like people. We were literally bred to act the way we act today. The various strategies for survival that didn't work didn't survive.

You know that saying "we're better than that"? IRL most people aren't.

Last edited:

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
Good, hope you can keep up with ammo production and have enough bullets when the US military or cops start knocking on your door.

You can finally live your fantasy of fighting gubmint tyranny!
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.