Zuckerberg- DONE?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-26/sec-may-want-take-look-facebook-insiders-dumped-41-billion-stock-scandal

Massive insider sell off

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
a little bribe/donation to a political party and the SEC will turn a blind eye to it

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
It isn't difficult to explain.

People on the inside always have a good idea of what is going on.

It is not illegal for them to buy/sell based on that non-public information/knowledge, they just have to report it correctly.

It is why the SEC has rules about reporting buys/sells by officers, and it why there is a financial "industry" that follows these buys and sells...you know, like this.

All that public information, someone just needed to pay attention...

It is illegal for them to share this information through backdoor channels however.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
the Swiss National Bank as of its last reporting held more shares in Facebook than Zuck. the shares were purchased with money created by pressing keys on a keyboard. wonder how many they still hold?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
obslop said:
the Swiss National Bank as of its last reporting held more shares in Facebook than Zuck. the shares were purchased with money created by pressing keys on a keyboard. wonder how many they still hold?
Isn’t that how nearly all money is created nowadays

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
ifallalot said:
obslop said:
Isn’t that how nearly all money is created nowadays
yes but only the SNB and BOJ (Japan) are actively buying equities in stock market. if/when word leaks that either is selling, a buyer will not be found.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
obslop said:
maybe more Class A shares, but not more Class B which control the company...

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
David Wehner is the one who's done. he'll be the scapegoat for revealing all the bad data trends

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Very few people under 20 do FB; it's viewed as social media for old timers and parents. Not a good growth position. I'd sell.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
hammies said:
Very few people under 20 do FB; it's viewed as social media for old timers and parents. Not a good growth position. I'd sell.
They own instagram too. Younguns love instagram.

But the entire market is overvalued, especially tech stocks.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
bird. said:
hammies said:
They own instagram too. Younguns love instagram.

But the entire market is overvalued, especially tech stocks.
agreed, but if we could keep the asset bubble going for another month or two I'd appreciate it

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
the janitor said:
If by large portion you mean 100%, then yes
It's not the same product though.

Instagram may become the new Facebook as people get tired of it and something new comes along.

I think "instagram TV" feature was a disaster but I could be wrong.