Your first car ...

Aug 5, 2021
'86 300ZX
It was 1989 I was 16, I worked all year and saved every penny one year prior to come up with the down payment then had to make all the monthly payments - $189, lol.

I used to think it was the coolest car, I learned a few years later that is was actually pos, lol, 158 horspower, weak handling - it did have T-tops though :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Northern_Shores

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
16 year olds filled with surfboards and chicks they’re trying to teach. Had a 12 inch sub and spray painted the dash white. Was a rare manual transmission model. Me and my bro Thought we were the coolest driving it.

96B88216-90E2-4298-A24F-735328EB7953.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Northern_Shores

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
1993 Subaru Legacy wagon, green, 5 speed manual, smelled like cat ****...got for free from a family friend...many good surf trips and run around with it, plus learning how to drive manual.

Sold it after 2 years of driving it and funded a trip to bali for high school graduation. Ill have to see if I can dig up a pic

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
A Bright Red Bug. '69 i think. Glass pack dual exhaust and a Porsche engine in it. Thing laid rubber in every gear. Was the funniest thing to drive evar. Note: funniest, not funnest.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006

Ugly as sh!t. Slant six motor with the push button transmission. It was a rolling party until the night it was killed (while parked) by some jock drag racing down Pierpont Blvd. I should buy this car just for the hell of it.

Mine had Aloha racks on it. At one point there was a leak and the rain water that seeped down to the sandy floor (probably 2-3 inches of sand) caused all the discarded pot seeds to sprout on the back seat floor. (roll it up, toss the seeds over your shoulder) I was getting ready to remove the rear seats entirely to slide boards in through the trunk, but alas, she didn't live long enough.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Have owned more motorbike than cars.

First car I bought was 1997 Subaru Impreza with Sweetie-pie. Had many great adventures, and donated it 20 yrs later.

Second car I bought with Sweetie-pie was used 2015 Golf in 2017.

Am unsure what my car owning history says about me.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Ugly as sh!t. Slant six motor with the push button transmission. It was a rolling party until the night it was killed (while parked) by some jock drag racing down Pierpont Blvd. I should buy this car just for the hell of it.

Mine had Aloha racks on it. At one point there was a leak and the rain water that seeped down to the sandy floor (probably 2-3 inches of sand) caused all the discarded pot seeds to sprout on the back seat floor. (roll it up, toss the seeds over your shoulder) I was getting ready to remove the rear seats entirely to slide boards in through the trunk, but alas, she didn't live long enough.
Duster? Your pic didn't show up