Your current two board quiver

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Black beauty is the best step up I have ever had.

My first session was in 6-8' critical surf (HTs)

Absolutely kills it on late and steep drops. Mine is not super high volume (30.1 liters at 6'3) and always felt just right. It doesn't have a boaty step up feel and can be knifed in. Usually had plenty of speed for drops and they didn't feel hectic.

I did make several late drops including one I thought I was dead on but had to go as the boys yelled me in.

Rode in DOH barreling lefts and well well OH barreling rights. One session at an open water break that was drowning size. Hydronaut failed me but the BB was money.

Even rose it for a session at burgerworld the fattest spot around. It generates speed going rail to rail if the wave has any push. No hopping or bogging through flat spots.
As long as you have some push you can whip it around and push through turns.

everyone should get one
Let you know how I feel after some California reps on the board.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Most ridden boards are 5'6" fish from Bing and a 9'3" fish simmons from Michael Miller. Idk how long it's going to be before I see a wave around here that the fish can't handle.

Oct 25, 2022
Mayport.

I've probably averaged under one day per month on the Baby Buggy in 2023.

C4 PJHP
Light Speed Bean Bag

Honorable mention to 10'0", 29" hardtail, and the Fred Sled.
Hey, I’m in the same area! How’s the low end on that PJHP? Is the rocker pretty flat? I’m about to sell my CI HED. Looking hard at a custom PJHP in C4 or Black Dart….or spinetek CI BQ. I’m wanting something grovely but still have some rippabilty. Tia

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hey, I’m in the same area! How’s the low end on that PJHP? Is the rocker pretty flat? I’m about to sell my CI HED. Looking hard at a custom PJHP in C4 or Black Dart….or spinetek CI BQ. I’m wanting something grovely but still have some rippabilty. Tia
I think the low end is very good. The rocker is quite flat indeed - the low nose rocker gets into waves and the low tail rocker hauls ass. I would expect it to be much better on the bottom end than the Happy Everyday if that's what you mean by HED.

The HED will be better in Mayport blowouts, grunty chunky surf, and chest-head high inside sand bar high tide bowls.

Reactions: Aruka and T.Snide
Oct 25, 2022
I think the low end is very good. The rocker is quite flat indeed - the low nose rocker gets into waves and the low tail rocker hauls ass. I would expect it to be much better on the bottom end than the Happy Everyday if that's what you mean by HED.

The HED will be better in Mayport blowouts, grunty chunky surf, and chest-head high inside sand bar high tide bowls.
Thanks man. Yeah, that Happy ED is a custom that’s only 7months old. Rides well but it’s under volumed for me or I am over volumed lol. Friggen losing on that one smh. Have a xtr Pyzalien 2 that’ll be here today I figured I’d give that a go. Gotta pu rnf 96 that I got a few months ago that was going to be my “groveler” but may be slightly oversized for my liking. It’s still fun. So yeah, wanting that low rocker small mushy wave board. Do you prefer the C4 over the Black farts

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Thanks man. Yeah, that Happy ED is a custom that’s only 7months old. Rides well but it’s under volumed for me or I am over volumed lol. Friggen losing on that one smh. Have a xtr Pyzalien 2 that’ll be here today I figured I’d give that a go. Gotta pu rnf 96 that I got a few months ago that was going to be my “groveler” but may be slightly oversized for my liking. It’s still fun. So yeah, wanting that low rocker small mushy wave board. Do you prefer the C4 over the Black farts
My hunch is C4 is a bit more durable and Black Dart is a hair lighter. I adore both constructions. But not for bumpy head+ Mayport blowouts.

Reactions: T.Snide

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I wish i could get away with boards that short for here. Looks so fun sometimes. Is the Revo like a 5'5"?
Revo is 5'4. Vader is 5'2.
They are the same thickness and about 1/4 difference in width. Very comparable dimensions.

Reactions: MauiMax

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I had a 5'4" evo. Such a fun board
The Evo was a great board! I've often thought about re-ordering, but Tomo keeps coming out with these new models, taking me further down the Vee bottom Rabbit hole.

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
The Evo was a great board! I've often thought about re-ordering, but Tomo keeps coming out with these new models, taking me further down the Vee bottom Rabbit hole.
I havnt gotten to try any of the newer ones. My last tomo's were the evo and hyrdroshort. Might need to try one of these newer vee bottom boards eventually after i stop buying pyzels

Reactions: ReForest