Your board for small waves (mush) that does well in average days (shaped or mush)

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I picked up a stu kenson pleasure pig off CL that hasn't let me down this summer. Its more of a mini simm shape then some of the recent ones Ive seen up on his insta. Makes me want to order one thats more refined from him.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
yes.maybe the color hides it a bit (y)
thanks for posting
I'm a big fan of of tucked edge
if u click on the closeup pic 1 u can see it clearly. the black is the chine. freaking airbrusher followed the chine and edge with the black color! starts about mid fin

clearly tim spent a lot of time blending the bevel into a tucked rail all the way to the nose.

Reactions: MathDebater

Mat6920

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 10, 2017
EPOXY Fling all the way ! dont know how they did this board but damn it s so sick for small / fat waves, ridiculous speed and turn on a dime. Best board ever. Even took it to Maldives, had a blast

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
6' 4" Rusty Zeppelin, quad set up with Futures Blacksticks on the outside and Futures Stamps as the trailers.

Feb 9, 2019
Use a upsized tomo vanguard. I also was using a great little local handshaped board, like a fish with a jet tail until I creased it. The boards paddled and caught waves easy, and if the waves improved they could handle the hollow ones. Something about that tail design clicked with plenty of width. Used them both with quad setups.
Interested in the keel design spectrum although the waves here arent little pointbreaks.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
6 months ago I’d say Stretch quadfish.

I don’t ride it anymore. I found kind of the opposite of what you’re asking. Buzzsaw. Goes good in solid surf and has a surprising low end

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
LSD tex 5'4, my biggest shortboard at 31 liters.
But now that I am back down to my fighting weight at 165, I'm on the Tomo Cymatic at 26liters. Works good for me, because I find responsive boards, that you can free up quick help me in the small stuff more than volume with bigger drivier fins. Still choose the TEX if it's real mushy, but if it's small with shape...i go for response

Reactions: oeste858

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is the qualification of whether a board is good for me or not. I prefer to be able to grab one board and know its going to work

The best I've owned have been

Stamps GX
Super Buzz
Mardawg Quad Fish

Mudbone

Nep status
Jul 19, 2009
San Whan
what do you ride?

for me the vector is still a go to board for pretty much anything but I'm looking for something smaller. I had a fantastic coil, sim/fbf combo but i'm too heavy for it now. I've been riding longer and higher volume boards but am looking to step back to something shorter.

so what do you ride?
CI Mini.. This model is a sleeper in the CI lineup. Just a super fun board. Easy to catch waves. shreds mush like no other groveler that I have ever had. Super fast yet maneuverable, never catches a nose, I surf it as a quad. Excels on mushy point waves even better than my beloved custom hand shape sweet potato from Dann Mann.

Reactions: Aardwolf

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
anyone know the story on this reviewer? looks like he was probably a shredder 10 or so years back at his ideal weight