YOLO ALERTS

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
One of my favorite surprises was a Chilli back in the AI days. It was a 6'3" shaped off Andy's template. Deeeeeeep single, round pin, needle nose. Most surprising and fun performance board. I thought it was a dog, and then used it in real surf. LOVED IT. Pretty sure at one point I wrote about it here and took some pics.
Chilli has an AI model now, I think it's called A2. My sons both have, rp kinda step ups, they look pretty sic!

Reactions: stringcheese

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
One of my favorite surprises was a Chilli back in the AI days. It was a 6'3" shaped off Andy's template. Deeeeeeep single, round pin, needle nose. Most surprising and fun performance board. I thought it was a dog, and then used it in real surf. LOVED IT. Pretty sure at one point I wrote about it here and took some pics.
I got one of Andy’s trade in chilis off a used rack in Haleiwa. It was so bladed out and narrow but it went insane. I buckled it twice and then gave it to my friends little brother who buckled it again but got it fixed again and claims it the best board he’s ever had. It’s in the parent garage with three buckle repairs. No dims just says “6’2” for A.I.”

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
View attachment 175331

online YOLO for a friend whom I taught to surf a few years ago. His first custom board. Thinned out 8’0 midstrength in lifeguard colors.
No need to bother Paul with a phone call this time.
Just an FYI. I recently got 2 Black Dart Chillis. They're only $750 each, if you didnt yet place your order. Don't think it was any sort of special.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Just an FYI. I recently got 2 Black Dart Chillis. They're only $750 each, if you didnt yet place your order. Don't think it was any sort of special.
I don’t see Black Dart as a construction option on the Chilli site for customs.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
View attachment 175331

online YOLO for a friend whom I taught to surf a few years ago. His first custom board. Thinned out 8’0 midstrength in lifeguard colors.
No need to bother Paul with a phone call this time.
Never seen the swallow tail version, I kind of wish I had known about the full strength version as my intention is to use mine in HH+ baby swallow, full strength would be pretty sick

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Never seen the swallow tail version, I kind of wish I had known about the full strength version as my intention is to use mine in HH+ baby swallow, full strength would be pretty sick
full strength looks good, friendly step up. 7’6ish might replace my fall plan for a big faded2.0

my friend wanted the swallow tail lol. Tried to talk him out of it because i think he’ll use it to stand the board up and it’ll crack.

• Sad
Reactions: chilly1

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
20240316_202922.jpg

Brought a pyzalien to the maldives, had some fun sessions on it but found it to be just a tad too small. Met a gentleman on a boat, told him I love his board and that both love machine and varial foam are hard to come by in Europe. He went "oh it's too big for me". We swapped boards during that session, and that swap is now permanent. Had the first real surf on it today, waist to chest high runners and oh my god this board is fucking amazing. Just not quite sure about the pad. PS nor my lawn

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
View attachment 175401

Brought a pyzalien to the maldives, had some fun sessions on it but found it to be just a tad too small. Met a gentleman on a boat, told him I love his board and that both love machine and varial foam are hard to come by in Europe. He went "oh it's too big for me". We swapped boards during that session, and that swap is now permanent. Had the first real surf on it today, waist to chest high runners and oh my god this board is fucking amazing. Just not quite sure about the pad. PS nor my lawn
Sweet. So good when that happens. You both are happier now. Board looks t!ts, and I would definitely take that pad off and go full wax. What are the dims and fins youve been running?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
View attachment 175401

Stocked on the boar swap. But that pad is sad.
What size is the boar?

Reactions: claw87

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Sweet. So good when that happens. You both are happier now. Board looks t!ts, and I would definitely take that pad off and go full wax. What are the dims and fins youve been running?
It's the 5'9 one, my 6'2 195. Fits like a glove. Came with the lovelace fins. Aye aye, I'll rip it off :)

Reactions: oeste858