YOLO ALERTS

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Oh snap, you’re started already. Waiting for my artist to get back from Japan/Indo/PI.
Wife = Franjipani
Me = Halo (skull thing)
Zebra = Daughter 1
Koala ( to go insid ebicep) = Daughter 2

Zebra stripes to go on shoulder and also reach out under the inside of the arm to form background for Koala face.

Didn;t know how the fuck the artist was gonna pull it off with the brief I gave him, but I'm frothing so hard.

IMG_3615.jpg

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Wife = Franjipani
Me = Halo (skull thing)
Zebra = Daughter 1
Koala ( to go insid ebicep) = Daughter 2

Zebra stripes to go on shoulder and also reach out under the inside of the arm to form background for Koala face.

Didn;t know how the fuck the artist was gonna pull it off with the brief I gave him, but I'm frothing so hard.

View attachment 174690
Don’t try to get that shading in the skull, whatever it looks like when you get it it’s gonna be for shlt down the line. Watercolor fade don’t cotton fade it’ll age poorly

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Don’t try to get that shading in the skull, whatever it looks like when you get it it’s gonna be for shlt down the line. Watercolor fade don’t cotton fade it’ll age poorly
It's black and grey, no colour.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
IMG_2418.jpeg

Closer pic of the Mandala fins.

I was drydocked for a couple months. Health issue that is in the process of resolving in a positive way. Well I hope so.

Last week there was an early south swell Friday through the weekend. Didn’t surf Friday but forced myself to paddle the midget mid 6’6 out to the dawn patrol regular. I did ok.

Made myself paddle the new 5’9 twin out on Sunday morning, even though I felt out of paddle shape. Unko priority got me a couple of decent waves. Head high on the sets but mostly around chest high.

I had the True Ames 5.1 twins in and they felt a little small. I babied the first bottom turn but I didn’t know if it was the fins or me not using the rail. Spent the sesh figuring the boar out. Fell on a weird pop up to everyone’s pleasure. Haha.

Then got a set right after. I was too deep but there was enough space to push hard on a bottom turn and hit the closeout section. That felt good. Good release off the top and the re-entry in the steep section was so smooth I almost zinged out.

Early this morning I tried to put in the Madala fins but the 5.1s were so snug I grabbed my rubber mallet to tap them out. Been so used to FCS 2 I tapped the back of the fin instead of the front. Fins didn’t budge. Was making too much noise so I loaded the boars up and head to the NS regular.
While driving up I remembered. The bar on Futures is in the back dummy. Tap the front of the fin. Haha.

The regular looked windy but I could see there were some gnarly double ups. No one out. Was thinking of paddling the 6’0 DJ pin out but used the new boar.

Just sat wide and inside, got a dozen waves in an hour by myself. Got tired faster than in town. Lot more duck diving and paddling to stay in place.

Best wave got a rollin from outside and did a roundhouse. Usually if you come around too much the wave will run off. But the wave doubled up on my rebound. Got a couple of bashes each felt better.

Took off on a pretty steep one that I thought I’d pearl for sure. That high performance rocker saved me.

The slightly bigger fins felt good. Still a little loose but I think it’s just me surfing back into shape. Boars a keeper and will be even more fun the more I surf it.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Chillis2 for Chilly1
One of my favorite surprises was a Chilli back in the AI days. It was a 6'3" shaped off Andy's template. Deeeeeeep single, round pin, needle nose. Most surprising and fun performance board. I thought it was a dog, and then used it in real surf. LOVED IT. Pretty sure at one point I wrote about it here and took some pics.