YOLO ALERTS

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
View attachment 156387

This will probably get me banned but I'm actually stoked. Some sort of issue with the resin but other than that it's in sweet condition.

again, firewire using old tech and touting it as new. hipster patina has been used for a long long time. here's an example

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr and claw87

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Two recent Yolos -

5'3" CC Ocean Racer in Varial Foam for $500 - it stated "used" but it was unridden and made for the man himself, CC. I have always wanted one. Probably my best purchasing score to date. Super fun board, with more hold and performance than anticipated. Easy to surf the inside or outside, and handles waves with more shape. A perfect board to have in the quiver for summer. Though the waves have been pretty good as of late.

5' 10" Freewing - I was dismissive of this board when it came out, especially with the arrival of the BomDia happening at the same time. With my recent appreciation of thrusters, I was curious of the Freewing, knowing it has Modtwin DNA in it. The Modtwin is a favorite of mine. There is much more going on with the Freewing than expected in a good way. It is a shortboard, but different. Relative to a shortboard, volume placement is more forward and maintains a bit more width. Under the arm feels really good, while also feeling in the lower volume realm raising a little concern until I got it in the water. It has good float and catches waves easily. I could have gone smaller, but it feels good starting point. I am curious to see where this board goes....this may have been a sleeper board.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
View attachment 156387

This will probably get me banned but I'm actually stoked. Some sort of issue with the resin but other than that it's in sweet condition.
@claw87 In Australia that staining was common (something to do with the heat and the resin they used or whatever) and Firewire were replacing them with new boards. Take some pics and email them and say, look at what happened to my board.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
@claw87 In Australia that staining was common (something to do with the heat and the resin they used or whatever) and Firewire were replacing them with new boards. Take some pics and email them and say, look at what happened to my board.
Thanks mate, but I got a feeling that the guy I got it from has gotten a replacement already. Don't think it would have been basically free otherwise :)

Reactions: Aruka

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Thanks mate, but I got a feeling that the guy I got it from has gotten a replacement already. Don't think it would have been that basically free otherwise :)
All the ones I know about Firewire asked for the stained board back. My mate bought 3 of them over time for cheap due to the staining and had them swapped for new boards. I might have done it as well once. Now if I see anyone selling them with the stains I message them and tell them to contact Firewire and they are always stoked because they get a new board out of it.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
for those looking: 15% off JT Dad Bod model with DADBOD15 on Dark Arts' website. I'd partake if I hadn't already snagged a 5'9 a few months ago.

Reactions: Havoc and oeste858