XTR

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
That does looks sick. Funny how it looks so much better without the 4+single box setup.
i agree I never used the big single on my last version of the board so got rid of it. The tail looks way better and more pleasing to the eye without it.

I’ve used the board in 2-4 foot surf but it really shines in overhead surf with juice in Puerto Rico. The board is a true all around er. You won’t be disappointed no matter what the conditions throw from waist high to DOH plus

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
You can pretty much order any model from their stable of shapers and brands. There’s either a. “Other shape” option or you can ask XTR. I’ve ordered off the menu Tomo and Lost and Shey always accommodated the request.
Ah cool, thanks everyone

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Looks great to me. Longer Moonstone?
Yeh, I've been really clicking with my 6'2" moonstone. Board just works really well for me every time I grab it and wanted to try one longer so this one is a 6'8".

I'm not sure how Matt handles scaling rockers w/ length or if he updated the rocker more recently on the moonstone, but the 6'8" has 3/4" more in nose and 1/4" more in tail compared to my 6'2".

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Even in the sun?! Is that your first resin tint from them?
Yeh, it doesn't have that moon ring color shift effect all my colored xtr's have had. Makes me wonder if they just forgot the brightener and it is going to yellow :D or if they changed something. I've had 4 or 5 with the faux resin tint from them. I like the look and price isn't much more. I've had a few of their standard gray w/ black rails also which really looked purple with dark purple rails in the lighting. Lets give the board a few more weeks, its still hard for me to believe also.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
darker colors show the purple tint more.

i had a light grey Gremlin a while ago that didn't have any purple hue either.

'my most recent "black" railed Plasmid is more like a dark purple. i don't hate it though.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Let us know if it works out!
Ordered a 6’2 moonstone yesterday. I emailed the guys at XTR first to find out how to order and they told me to select any other model on their site and then put moonstone in the custom model field.

Do they typically reach out to people before starting the process?

Reactions: trifish