WTB Mick Fanning FCS mediums

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
Cleanline is doing 15% off winter sale, fins included with free shipping.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I love the kellys (upright) in everything but I see so many duus on fannings- do they feel grippier or drivier than AI template

LoganV

OTF status
Sep 29, 2010
AM Large was my go to fin for many years. MF forces me to do proper commited turns and less flicky turns. Both have loads of drive. Hold on MF stronger. The AMs are quicker to respond but the MF smooth out my surfing. At first they felt tracky until i realized i had to go lower and properly commit to turns. Now i love them. Thinking of trying out some Endorfin K1s but i basically have surfed raked templates my whole surfing life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waterlogged05

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I love the kellys (upright) in everything but I see so many duus on fannings- do they feel grippier or drivier than AI template
I'm a K2.1 guy myself and I absolutely hate the AM template. When the K2.1's start to feel a bit unstable (overhead) I would typically switch to MFs and they felt much better to me than AM's. More stable and smooth with plenty of drive on hand and they draw your turns out a bit more.

I found them a little sticky off the top in the narrower tailed boards I would ride in larger waves so I would replace the center fin with a PC2.