Would you move to the mountains?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I've always liked Mammoth and while it is crowded it isn't as insane as Tahoe imo. Part of Tahoe's problem is it is close to a major airport. What I like about Mammoth is you're still a day's drive to the surf if a swell is forecast.
Worked a year on patrol at Mammoth, great hill with easily accessible backcountry and year round trout fishing. As for living in the Mountains, got it out of system during college and my 20's, over the snow and cold.

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Worked a year on patrol at Mammoth, great hill with easily accessible backcountry and year round trout fishing. As for living in the Mountains, got it out of system during college and my 20's, over the snow and cold.
Mammoth was killer last week - some of the best snow of the season - great mountain. For the last 15 years - I have had a house in Colorado and one in East LA and a camper that I spend weeks/months in drive back and forth in depending on the season. I enjoy both but the beach always wins out for me. The older I get - the more I enjoy just cruising around in my camper from one hot spot to the next. The snow in Colorado has been sh!t for like the last 6-8 years and the crowds are insane - over it. This is the year I am selling both my houses - both houses have tripled in valued since purchased and I own both houses outright so I should net a little over $2.5 million in cash once sold. I think the housing market is going to collapse in the next 12 months and I am going fully nomad - part-time in my camper and part-time traveling internationally to check off my bucket list of travel spots. Stoked!

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Taking road trips in the summer and snowboarding trips in the spring gave us a skewed perspective. My older son said he would live in Crested Butte after riding this:

But we never went during winter. After a week of snowboarding in Utah, they start to get bored. In addition, housing prices are just as inflated as near the coast.

unclebraddah

Gerry Lopez status
May 2, 2005
My Calabash li dat owns a lawndree mat up in Mammot. Ho da buggah ease cold doe come da winter times bro. I had fo dig out ( Fo Realz) wen da snow came. My tent no can handle and he said he had fo move heis cah in to da yahd.

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
I lived in Park City full time for ten years after escaping the NYC grind. Raised two groms and put them through the freestyle program and consistently skied ~160 days a year between lifts and backcountry. For me I was able to score more quality waves living a better schedule and traveling then when I lived relatively close to fickle surf. I still have a home in Utah but prices have soared and it's definitely not small town living anymore. Like many places it has been "discovered" so I have not been spending as much time there.

1650899979758.jpeg1650900004014.jpeg
1650900029364.jpeg