Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Who was the pro Bobby beat down?

I liked it when Paul Roach beat up Kelly.
IDK. I'm a proponent of beat downs - there are too many men running their mouths and acting aggressive who suffer no consequences. Nowadays, men even start fights then call the cops when they lose.

Last edited:

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
so hypothetically, if tyson is out to dinner with his girl and jp walks up and slaps him in the face while he's taking a drink of wine how do you guys think the next 60 seconds plays out? old man gets a beatdown?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
so hypothetically, if tyson is out to dinner with his girl and jp walks up and slaps him in the face while he's taking a drink of wine how do you guys think the next 60 seconds plays out? old man gets a beatdown?
I don't know jack sh!t about assessing fighters, but I sure hope it involves Mike celebrating a KO with two servings of ear tartare.

Reactions: Mr Pecker

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Is this going to be an exhibition or a real sanctioned fight? I hope the later and that JP gets a whoopin. He's a Johnny come lately Youtuber and doesnt even deserve a fight with Tyson. They say a fighter looses his speed first but his power last and it looks like Tyson still has his power. I hope JP gets to see that power.

From EPSN:

When Tyson faced Jones Jr., in November 2020, it was an exhibition where it was clear both all-time greats weren't throwing punches with bad intentions. And there's nothing wrong with that as long as the promotion isn't trying to fool fans that it's a real fight.
It's unclear if this will be a boxing match sanctioned by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) or an exhibition, but Tyson will be 58 by fight night. And if Tyson-Jones ushered in one thing, it's a pattern of events like this one where it's totally ambiguous in the lead-up regarding exhibition vs. sanctioned fight.
In some cases, the exhibition turned out to be a fight where each man tried to hurt the other. Just look at Vitor Belfort and Evander Holyfield in September 2021, an exhibition where Belfort TKO'd the legend in the opening round.
Then there was the Logan Paul-Floyd Mayweather exhibition in the summer of 2021 where it was painfully obvious that neither man was throwing punches with the intent to inflict damage. After all, Paul and Mayweather were 35 pounds apart. That was anything but a real boxing match.
And when Tyson Fury fought Francis Ngannou in October, it was believed to be an exhibition for weeks, but turned out to be a very real fight that counted on both fighters' records.
With Tyson's age, it would be surprising if this isn't another exhibition in the vein of Jake's older brother vs. Mayweather. Just a fun event with two massive names where they shake out in the ring. But it all remains to be seen. -- Coppinger

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Damn!!! Tyson is gonna destroy that guy! Guarantee Jake's team pays the referee to call it early, so he doesn't get brain damage.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Just watched this fight. It is the first I've ever seen of this guy. This guy wouldn't last 3 rounds against young Mike Tyson and perhaps not even 2. His opponent in this fight could box but didn't have much power. No idea how old Tyson does.

• Wow
Reactions: brukuns

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Damn!!! Tyson is gonna destroy that guy! Guarantee Jake's team pays the referee to call it early, so he doesn't get brain damage.
No.
I "think" JP is brain damaged by just stepping into the ring with Tyson ....
Tyson will press, JP, may get a lucky KO punch
Can't wait for the match-up
JP will knock him out and it won’t be lucky.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
As of Thursday, March 7, popular betting site Odds Shark listed Tyson as an underdog against Paul for the July 2024 fight.

Vegas odds from the site listed Tyson as a +325 underdog and Paul as a -500 favorite.

• Wow
Reactions: ReForest

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Just watched this fight. It is the first I've ever seen of this guy. This guy wouldn't last 3 rounds against young Mike Tyson and perhaps not even 2. His opponent in this fight could box but didn't have much power. No idea how old Tyson does.

Didn't know (or expect he would have) he won against Spider. This would have been a completely different match if it was MMA. Spider would have destroyed him on the first round.

I found it funny you said "his opponent" when talking about one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
As of Thursday, March 7, popular betting site Odds Shark listed Tyson as an underdog against Paul for the July 2024 fight.

Vegas odds from the site listed Tyson as a +325 underdog and Paul as a -500 favorite.
So YOUR $$$ would be on who ... Mr. SmartyPants???

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Whaaaaat! We should get a wager going.

Tyson is gonna smoke JP by the 4th round. If he doesn't he's biting off JP's ear.
Dude. I’m telling you, JP is going fuck him up. See vegas odds above. Anyone who studies the fight game puts Paul ahead by a lot on this one.

Tyson is a badass, no doubt.

People are just hung up on….

1. The past. Tyson is old now. Time is undefeated. All of the recent videos of him hitting pads are sped up and sound enhanced.

2. Jake Paul is an “influencer“. Yes, he is. He’s also a pretty fucking good boxer. He has unlimited time and money to put into training and “supplements”. He also has youth on his side. I roll and spar with people who have a youth advantage every fucking day. First round against inferior skills, I’m good. Second round, I’m starting to put in real work. Third round I’m hanging on. Fourth round youth takes it.

Time is undefeated.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Dude. I’m telling you, JP is going fuck him up. See vegas odds above. Anyone who studies the fight game puts Paul ahead by a lot on this one.

Tyson is a badass, no doubt.

People are just hung up on….

1. The past. Tyson is old now. Time is undefeated. All of the recent videos of him hitting pads are sped up and sound enhanced.

2. Jake Paul is an “influencer“. Yes, he is. He’s also a pretty fucking good boxer. He has unlimited time and money to put into training and “supplements”. He also has youth on his side. I roll and spar with people who have a youth advantage every fucking day. First round against inferior skills, I’m good. Second round, I’m starting to put in real work. Third round I’m hanging on. Fourth round youth takes it.

Time is undefeated.
Not to mention he has years of training in TikTok dancing videos, that sh!t can toughen you up.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Didn't know (or expect he would have) he won against Spider. This would have been a completely different match if it was MMA. Spider would have destroyed him on the first round.

I found it funny you said "his opponent" when talking about one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.
Yeah, I almost ripped him a new asshole for that.

And of course Silva would have destroyed him in MMA. JP would need a decade of jiu jitsu just to have a shot. But it was a boxing match.

My son is a BJJ blue belt. I rolled with him yesterday and fucked his ass up for 20 minutes straight.

But he wrestled varsity four years in high school and every time we started on the feet I hit the mat hard. If we were in a wrestling match under wrestling rules my boy would push my sh!t in, no problem.

But guess what? Even though I wiped the floor with him yesterday he still wins. He’s at the gym right now lifting heavy. I’m laying on the couch with ice, a foam roller and bottle of Advil.

Youth wins. Time is undefeated.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I just dont know if Tyson can "mentally" take a loss. I think that's why he bit Holyfield 's ear the first time.

I think he has a good chance because of his mental strength. But if he starts to lose, I think he'll do something crazy! So JP better knock his ass out.