World's worst / your least favorite waves?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Haha, I was thinking of those two, but in opposite ways.

Macaronis is a very good wave, yes, but a bit one-dimensional and terribly overrated in my book. Mind you, if I were goofy I'd probably love it. Both E Bay and Lances Left are better lefts, I think.

As for Noosa, I have always gotten really good waves there, even surfing uncrowded Boiling Pot over Christmas when there's a million people around. Go figure.
Don't get me wrong mate, I had amazing waves at Noosa ... but it's one of those where you're in sync, or not. The "not" days are just insanely frustrating.

Maccas, well ... I grew up on a world class right hand point break, meaning I never went left (unless it ws a long roundhouse, or fading left on a takeoff) ... so any wave that makes me feel like I'm good on my backhand gets an automatic love from me :D

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Catch the lefts that look like they're going to break in the channel. They always backoff and bend back at you, hammer time!
Everytime I go town with plans to surf somewhere different I end up in the bowls parking lot lol

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Steamer Lane - Hardcore localism meets hardcore kookism meters from a sketchy rock point. I've had nothing but hassle every time I decided to paddle out there. Same goes for The Hook.
mushy trash most of the time

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Most of the military base spots that I've surfed have been pretty meh. Don't think they're necessarily bad, but I think they have an almost mythical status just because they are hard to get to for the average surfer.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Windansea- old washed up burnouts who aren’t even good at surfing claiming to be hard core locals but they actually live in la Mesa.

Sunset cliffs- same as above

Lowers- decent wave but filled with idiots thinking they’re going to be pro

Salt Creek- #snakelondon nuff said

Blacks- way too much effort for waves

Kewalos- I dunno. Just can’t figure out why I hate it so much
What;s wrong with living in la mesa?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
This, except for that one shrooming session which was fun.
I scored depressions during el nino winter and once during xmas break all time.
Lived at DP and pesaderos for 3 years.
We surfed in front a lot there was a rock that would get little wedges off it. Half of us had also banged the girl across the street with a prominent mole. Hence we called the spot molars.

I scored it once and only once going off. MY roommate came home from his girls house and woke me up and we had perfect 4-5' wedges for 2 hours. Never saw it that good again.

Oh I agree on pismo hahahaha. drove up there to surf a few times then gave up on it.

Reactions: HarryLopez

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
I scored depressions during el nino winter and once during xmas break all time.
Lived at DP and pesaderos for 3 years.
We surfed in front a lot there was a rock that would get little wedges off it. Half of us had also banged the girl across the street with a prominent mole. Hence we called the spot molars.

I scored it once and only once going off. MY roommate came home from his girls house and woke me up and we had perfect 4-5' wedges for 2 hours. Never saw it that good again.

Oh I agree on pismo hahahaha. drove up there to surf a few times then gave up on it.
I don’t know man...

got laid a few times at sands. Never at depressions, So sands is better

but
I did manage to somehow buckle a board at depressions El Niño winter of 83 so there is that

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I don’t know man...

got laid a few times at sands. Never at depressions, So sands is better

but
I did manage to somehow buckle a board at depressions El Niño winter of 83 so there is that
Sands for sure is better. Especially when the service road by the golf course was still open.
pre snowy fucking plovers... maybe I shoud shut up