WORLD-FAMOUS THE CLOWN MOTEL

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Been to Tonapah, but never heard of that place. Looks like a fun stop for night.

RayG

Nep status
Dec 3, 2002
Astoria, NY USA
I had heard about this place many years ago. When my wife and I were on a "Lap of the West" Road trip 10-15 years ago, We had left Vegas and headed up that way past Area 51, Little A'Le'Inn, etc... It was getting towards the later part of the afternoon and I told her we have to find a place to stay. (I had already booked into the Mizpah, btw) We drove through town just checking everything out. At the 'end' of the main drag, she said "Looks like that's about it..." Okay, lets just go up a little bit and find a nice spot to see some scenery and turn around. She wasn't really paying attention when I turned into the Parking lot and parked. She got out, kind of looked around and said "Abso-F*cking-lutely not..." and got back in the car.

C'mon, let's just check it out. Nope, not a chance. I don't know if it was the Clowns or the Graveyard next door that every room looks over.

I am NOT a Coulrophobic at all. I loved the real clowns at the circus as a kid watching them getting clobbered with a big rubber fish and watch 17 get out of a VW Bug and stepping into the elephant dung from the previous act. Now THAT'S comedy!

I went in to check it out and it skeeved me out, big time.