Woke Inc.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Started reading Vivek's book Woke Inc. today. Why? I like to see how elites fool MAGA, basically.

Only on chapter 2, my main criticism at this point is that Vivek pretends that he's absolutely clueless about what branding is.

Anyone else read it?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
My biggest gripes with guys like Vivek and our resident clowns being critical of the other side is there is absolutely zero introspective thought to them at all. It’s just dishonest team sport mentality and protecting of their own “cathedral”.

I would listen to him on a long form podcast but I will not waste any time on his book, or donate my money to that.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Woke is just the 2024 brand of cronyism.

It's exited before it was the flavor of the year and it will exist after.

I bet V ain't framing it like that.

I'm sure he's fine when cronyism benefits him.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

I'm sure he's fine when cronyism benefits him.
It’s a brand of cronyism for grifters to appeal to bigots in a safe way. Instead of saying “I’m anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-gay, anti-trans, etc” which are just not socially acceptable in this day and age, saying “I’m antiwoke” is a publicly acceptable way of appealing to bigots by saying you’re against all these things and the people who champion these causes with one blanket statement.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It’s a brand of cronyism for grifters to appeal to bigots in a safe way. Instead of saying “I’m anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-gay, anti-trans, etc” which are just not socially acceptable in this day and age, saying “I’m antiwoke” is a publicly acceptable way of appealing to bigots by saying you’re against all these things and the people who champion these causes with one blanket statement.
True, but the left is running their little scam too at the same time.

It's all about grabbing resources.

Like always.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali

Nope. He paints an Orwellian nightmare where woke magically invokes immense influence in the hands of corporate America, giving them the power to shape our culture and steal our democracy right from under our unsuspecting noses.

As if they needed wokeness to do that. :roflmao:

Reactions: bluengreen

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not really.

Spoken like a true wokester though.

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink