Why is wearing a mask so difficult?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
How many bags of groceries do you by at a time at TJ's? 2 or 3 at most? No biggee if you go there every 2-3 days for groceries.

But if you shop for extended periods, like 2 weeks, it's more like 8-10+ bags (with some large items not bagged) and depending how good a packer you are, maybe more, maybe slightly less. I worked as a stock boy, bagger as a kid at local market, so I can pack 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag if needed (my PCB design job is similar on a micro scale). Most don't or know how much anymore, so bags go half empty many times.
The Trader Joe’s cashiers were impressed with my bagging skillz
i could fit about $100 in one bag
utilizing all available space, and crushing nothing
they were also impressed with the strength of the bag I used

there used to be a raffle every week that anyone who brought their bag was entered in
i never won
but how impressed the crew members were with my skills was winning enough

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Pro-tip - if Eunice shops at your Trader Joe's, brings bags, and there's a raffle, slip someone a fifty and a clue so nobody ends up defiled and ritualistically sacrificed.
Eunice was so 2019. I mean, we have invisible death floating on the winds now. Eunice couldn't have taken more than a few dozen lives. We've got 160k and it isn't even the Fall yet

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
That's just what Casa was saying. I guess Autralian news can reach next door to thed Philippines.

Nice how they tested it against an aerosol can. Like what's the psi coming out of that nozzle? 145 psi? That's only 30 psi more than my compressor. Next time I need to shoot some nails from my nail gun, I'll just blow in the hose.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
The paper masks do give me a headache. Full respirator freaks people out a little but no headaches. A headache is better than everyone getting sick though. So I get headaches.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The paper masks do give me a headache. Full respirator freaks people out a little but no headaches. A headache is better than everyone getting sick though. So I get headaches.
I saw someone walk into the UPS Store wearing a gas mask

• Haha
Reactions: GWS_2

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Decided to take a peek at SD North County summer beach scene yesterday late afternoon, on a Saturday (mistake), and maybe paddle around a bit, if I could find a place to park.

Started at O'side harbor beach, packed as any summer weekend day as ever. Drove south, checked my fave north of pier spot, packed and black-balled. Drove past pier, traffic and beach still very busy into south O'side. People walking around all over, probably less then half wearing masks in public. Checked my other fave south O'side spot, hardly any sand on beach, so people were taking advantage of bottom of cliff sand spots behind the piles of rip-rap. No masks to be seen. Surf sucked, but water is warming back up, so there's that at least.

Drove thru Carlsbad, traffic and no parking anywhere. Beaches were packed, people walking around all over. That little grass park area next to Harbor Fish Cafe was packed with a group doing gymnastic performances and work-out equipment. Reminded me of Venice Beach in a way. Lots of people standing/milling around watching, majority without masks. Continued south past Tamarack and Terra Mar, parking is tight and it's now 4-4:30pm. People/traffic still arriving to escape to beach.

Get to Glorious Ponto and luck into a single parking spot on beach side. Decide to get out and get wet, paddle around at a minimum. Water has warmed back up to trunkable again, so that was very nice. Later drove back thru part of downtown Carlsbad, and restaurants are doing whatever they can to offer outdoor dining, and they're busy. Waiters in masks, diners not. Nathans Ice Cream stand was packed and must've been 50-100 people hanging/milling around or standing in long lines for ice cream. Some with masks, some not, about half/half.

Without the masks on some people, you wouldn't know there was a pandemic emergency of death going on yesterday at NCSD beaches.
hey Surfdog !! )

1597255429282.png

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
This doesn't make sense.
It doesn't have to make sense to you. It just is. I'm guessing I have more hours on a respirator than the entire forum combined. But whatever. I'm hardly alone. My wife also wears masks for 12 hour shifts. Plenty of her co workers, Docs and nurses are complaining of headaches. The cure seems to be fresh air and deep breathing. You can Google the problem. type in "ppe associated headaches." It goes on for pages.

On a mask related note...

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It doesn't have to make sense to you.
True.

It was the not wanting to scare people that made you opt for the paper mask and headache.

My girl friend loves wearing her mask.

She doesn't have to get dolled up at work and it hides some of her disgust and contempt for her perceived inferiors.