Why I honestly dislike SUP'ers

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Is they are either new comers or guys who just gave up surfing.

I really hate when they have bad form...bending at the waist, not the knees. It's so ugly.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That and the fact it's an obvious crutch in more ways than one.

It's fun in like the Bahamas, but where there's real waves? Why not surf?

Aug 30, 2004
Seignosse, France
You are welcome, feel free to hate as much as you want, wear MSCA Hats (Make Surfers Crawl Again), live in a van with hate posters on it, spend your time writing hate posts, take on a career in male stripping...

Just don't send homemade pipe bombs by mail, it will get you arrested (and ridiculed).

On the other hand, human beings in a lot of countries are free to choose to just have fun.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
colas said:
You are welcome, feel free to hate as much as you want, wear MSCA Hats (Make Surfers Crawl Again), live in a van with hate posters on it, spend your time writing hate posts, take on a career in male stripping...

Just don't send homemade pipe bombs by mail, it will get you arrested (and ridiculed).

On the other hand, human beings in a lot of countries are free to choose to just have fun.
Until the Truck of Peace gets them

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
FYI this is a foil forum, not SUP hatin.

Take this to the main discussion :rock:

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
rts265 said:
Is they are either new comers or guys who just gave up surfing.

I really hate when they have bad form...bending at the waist, not the knees. It's so ugly.
You seem over thinking about other peoples lives. So much time about others instead of to live your own. Hah

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
How many foilers are out at Sunset on a given day? Are you guys the reason the rest of the N LA county points were especially overrun with kooks this past summer? Scaring them away from where they should be?

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I can't speak for other's as I've heard stories of people kicking their foil out at people who cut them off *cough*at1st*cough* I personally wouldn't ever be in that position. I give any other surfe lots of room. That SUP guy shouldn't have been paddling that close to you to begin with. If he had a foil I feel he would've given you much more room than that. There's also the fact that he would've been in the wave and up already if he was on a foil probably. The foil does help you catch waves to an extent.

If someone is on a foil you can't tell unless you see them riding a wave or when it's out of the water. A SUP guy paddling by and looking down would be able to see the wings floating under you. Sitting next to a guy on a foil you can't really tell. I will hang off the side of the board while waiting for a wave, so the wingtip is up and visible if it starts to get crowded and people don't know I'm on a foil.

The real game changer of the foil though is standing on the reef or bottom and having the foil upside down so it's up in the air acting as an umbrella while you wait for waves. :)