Why didn’t he just comply?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
In 2016 we thought Trump was a joke. We didn’t take him seriously we didn’t think he could do anything. Well we’ve learned our lesson. We’re taking him serious.

Reactions: Aquaman2

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
In 2016 we thought Trump was a joke. We didn’t take him seriously we didn’t think he could do anything. Well we’ve learned our lesson. We’re taking him serious.
I thought he was a joke when I first learned who he was in 2006, when he had a Twitter war with Rosie O'Donnell. He sounded like an idiot or a child. But how does an idiot become a Billionaire? Oh, he inherited it from his dad, and The Apprentice happened.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
We have to take Trump seriously because there are a lot of very, very angry people in America for whom he is their one and only savior. Enough to have gotten him elected once and here we are again 8 years later.

How and why these people are so angry is almost beside the point, the object of their anger (the "liberal elite establishment") can do nothing to mollify them. IMO cable news and social media are complicit in this wave of anger.

One thing I've learned in my 6+ decades of life is: When you're angry, you tend to make very bad decisions.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
And his followers are dead serious about his Messiah like position. They’ve had four years of hooray and then four years of you’re a terrible person. They want to be right so damn much. At this point there’s so much confusion in the GOP and their message is so all over the map that I really have no idea what it is they stand for anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
And his followers are dead serious about his Messiah like position. They’ve had four years of hooray and then four years of you’re a terrible person. They want to be right so damn much. At this point there’s so much confusion in the GOP and their message is so all over the map that I really have no idea what it is they stand for anymore.
I think old school non-angry Republicans pretty much don't have a home any more. Their best hope is to wait it out until Trump goes away and the pissed off people don't have their Lord and Savior any more and their party can get back to the business of being conservative.

Interesting take from a guy I never liked but now sounds reasonable:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Where do you come up with this stuff? :roflmao:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We have to take Trump seriously because there are a lot of very, very angry people in America for whom he is their one and only savior. Enough to have gotten him elected once and here we are again 8 years later.

How and why these people are so angry is almost beside the point, the object of their anger (the "liberal elite establishment") can do nothing to mollify them. IMO cable news and social media are complicit in this wave of anger.

One thing I've learned in my 6+ decades of life is: When you're angry, you tend to make very bad decisions.
Shouldn't the "why" behind the anger be the most important point?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Maybe your scumbag ilk constanly referring to Trump as the Messiah :crazy2: They built and worshipped a Graven Image of Trump FFS....BUT NOY A CULT.
More inventions? The cultish behaviour comes from the anti-Trump people if anything

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think it's mostly culture-war stuff.

But at this point I think a lot of the most strident MAGA people can't even articulate why they are fighting, what's important to them is that they are fighting.
Plus they come striaght out and say they want Trump as Dictator.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What happened on 11-8-22?

If Dems were smart, they would have taken the border more seriously. It may lose them the election. As I understand it, when Biden entered office, he reversed some, many, or all of Trump's restrictive executive orders about the border. After those were reversed, illegal entries went up. But Biden cannot reverse what he reversed already, or it would be admission he made a mistake to reverse Trump's executive orders. The policy of splitting families at the border was reversed by the court BEFORE Biden entered office, so that is not one of them. I guess "Remain in Mexico" policy was reversed. What other reversals by Biden caused a spike in illegal crossings?
Going to have to see somew specifics about Trump policies that were reversed, my understanding is Border policy stayed largely the same.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The funny thing is that the people who think Trump is a joke are people like iFall who think they’re in on the joke. Only they aren’t.

• Haha

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

But at this point I think a lot of the most strident MAGA people can't even articulate why they are fighting, what's important to them is that they are fighting.
Agreed. Its about being seen as doing what they think they are supposed to be doing. Very little articulation and a whole lot of hype

• Haha

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

I don't think you realize it, but you just touched on the eact reason why the anger is there

Almost half the country feels voiceless, with no one to represent them. Their opinions are dismissed, ignored, and portrayed as bigoted blather from racist rubes

Trump probably isn't the person to save them, but he's the one who at least pays lip service, and that's why they support him

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't think you realize it, but you just touched on the eact reason why the anger is there

Almost half the country feels voiceless, with no one to represent them. Their opinions are dismissed, ignored, and portrayed as bigoted blather from racist rubes

Trump probably isn't the person to save them, but he's the one who at least pays lip service, and that's why they support him
Also they attack anyone who actually tries to help them.