Why are we calling it a vaccine at this point?

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
"Time", maybe you've heard of it? :shrug:

Also, that definition is exactly what COVID vaccine e does.

It just doesn't do it FOREVER and neither do most vaccines. :poke:
But not really right? Breakthru infections are commonplace at this point, so are we just putting lipstick on this pig with the vax mandates? Genuinely curious, as I'm vaxed (have to be for work travel), and will probably have to get a booster based on what I've been told by my Canadian counterparts.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
But not really right? Breakthru infections are commonplace at this point, so are we just putting lipstick on this pig with the vax mandates? Genuinely curious, as I'm vaxed (have to be for work travel), and will probably have to get a booster based on what I've been told by my Canadian counterparts.
Variants, also, TIME.

Vaccines work. They are not permanent or infallible. No vaccine is.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I still eat out, just somewhere else.

Nice try though.

I’ll give you a C for effort.
I think if you cared about the economy something like a business just trying to navigate the requirements put upon them wouldn’t be such a big deal. Particularly something as minor as putting a mask on for all of 30 seconds. But instead act like a Karen, I’m sure those businesses appreciate that response instead during these trying times for them.

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
Variants, also, TIME.

Vaccines work. They are not permanent or infallible. No vaccine is.
So much editing, so little time (get it?)

Some vaccines work. Some work for a lifetime. Some not so much. Efficacy studies on the COVID vaccines are somewhat incomplete, and even more limited when it comes to the newly declared eligible elementary school crowd.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Some vaccines work. Some work for a lifetime. Some not so much. Efficacy studies on the COVID vaccines are somewhat incomplete, and even more limited when it comes to the newly declared eligible elementary school crowd.
So we agree that it's a vaccine and that it works.

I'm glad I was able to change your mind.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So much editing, so little time (get it?)

Is thee a vaccine that had failed such a large proportion of its users as the Covid vaccine :unsure:
Close friends of mine, married, were both vaxxed and one infected the other. What are the chances of that if breakthrough infection are so rare :unsure: How often did that happen with the Polio vaccines :unsure: :roflmao:

Reactions: Rlacey111

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think if you cared about the economy something like a business just trying to navigate the requirements put upon them wouldn’t be such a big deal. Particularly something as minor as putting a mask on for all of 30 seconds. But instead act like a Karen, I’m sure those businesses appreciate that response instead during these trying times for them.
Sometimes you have to draw a line.

Im about to lose a $35,000 a year account (military bases) because I wont show them proof that I got the j&j shot.

The guy that I’d have to show it to is morbidly obese and chain smokes.

HeLth.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Sometimes you have to draw a line.

Im about to lose a $35,000 a year account (military bases) because I wont show them proof that I got the j&j shot.

The guy that I’d have to show it to is morbidly obese and chain smokes.

HeLth.
Wait your giving up a $35000 account over that?!

either there’s something you’re not telling us or you really did lose your mind over this sh!t.

I’m fine with drawing lines, and I think the restaurant thing is extremely silly. But you’re taking up arms against the wrong people. You can’t claim to care about the economy and then ditch those who need that support the most.