Whodaguy Jeffrey Bizzack?

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Interacted with the USC water polo coach who is going down. Smug and arrogant guy who was obviously able to produce lots of NCAA trophies. Was successful too. Dummy!

Reactions: Aruka
Oct 5, 2019
Sad, everyone knows hardworking, brilliant and talented kids need to go to USC to have any chance in life.

Eimeo

OTF status
Oct 18, 2005
Encinitas
I recently read a study from Georgetown University about kids they studied and how they progressed and performed. They studied a group of kids from wealthy families and a group not wealthy. The "not wealthy" way outperformed the wealthy kids academically, yet the wealthy kids went on to more prestigious schools and became more wealthy than the "smarter" kids. I think the saying goes... "the rich get richer"... that just seems to be the way it works in many ways.

Reactions: jomo
Oct 5, 2019
This guy is, or was, a WSL Executive employed in the competition branch of the surf industry (along with Slater mega-corp.) WSL presents itself as a fair playing field where contests are held, champions are named, careers are pursued based on merit. They have rules, they have criteria, there are judges. They take over surf spots during excellent conditions. I bet somewhere they have a credo or mission statement about advancing the sport of surfing.
Yet here's a WSL Executive who has a quarter million extra in his pocket to bribe an elite school insider to get his kid in? Which meant that a genuinely talented and deserving kid got denied? Shed new light on those questionable Judges calls at WCT events?
Makes you wonder...

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Just a humble thought
....Jeff didnt make all that money off of surfing. He is a businessman. And was for a long time before wsl. He buys and sells huge deals. And 250k was likely his “investment in his kid”. Meant well. He wasnt abusing her. I mean its no doubt pretty mafia like. But we do live in America. Hustle or be hustled sometimes.
And with that kind of money I would think that its fun to participate in the business concerning the WSL
As in any case he basically now has to pay his dues— and maybe lose some freedom.
But i dont think helping his daughter is a horrible thing no matter the $ amount. Just did it the wrong way. Illegally obviously.

Reactions: Ifallalot
Oct 5, 2019
'Hustle or be hustled sometimes.
And with that kind of money I would think that its fun to participate in the business concerning the WSL
As in any case he basically now has to pay his dues— and maybe lose some freedom.
But i dont think helping his daughter is a horrible thing no matter the $ amount. Just did it the wrong way. Illegally obviously'
[/QUOTE]
No reason to think he's a major creep. Maybe his sense of what's fair was different when he was at WSL. Maybe.
Sounds pretty copacetic; take advantage when you can, some payola here, payola there... who's to care?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I went to Chapman (one of the schools listed in the bribery case) and I honestly assumed this was going on since forever. There were a lot of rich dummies I went to school with. A lot of them got towed into major Hollywood entertainment jobs after college.

The girl across the hall from me in my freshman dorm is the daughter of Allen Stanford (serving 110 years for Ponzi Scheme).

Came home from a party to my roommate Sophmore year dancing with Jody Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner from Full House), both naked and both on molly.

Last edited:

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
I went to Chapman (one of the schools listed in the bribery case) and I honestly assumed this was going on since forever. There were a lot of rich dummies I went to school with. A lot of them got towed into major Hollywood entertainment jobs after college.

The girl across the hall from me in my freshman dorm is the daughter of Allen Stanford (serving 110 years for Ponzi Scheme).

Came home from a party to my roommate Sophmore year dancing with Jody Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner from Full House), both naked and both on molly.
(y) NICE!

I've assumed the same thing. Isn't this how the 1% operate? Probably <1% get caught, just to assure the other 99% can feel better.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah these are just the people who got caught.

I remember my friend Carsten was on the verge of dropping out due to poor grades. His dad showed up. Had a meeting with the Dean. Carsten somehow graduated early. His great grandfather was one of the founders of Quikrete. Good friend, great to party with, but I don't ever remember seeing him walk into a classroom.

Another was Pam Tillis son, grandson of Mel Tillis, I don't ever remember seeing him in any classes or even walking around campus, but there he was next to me at graduation. LOL.

Oct 5, 2019
“In this crowded world the surfer can still seek and find the perfect day, the perfect wave, and be alone with the surf and his thoughts.” John Severson
It doesn't need to be perfect, just a decent, uncrowded, day will do. It seems like the top competitors like KS lose that somewhere along the way. I can't help but wonder about Bizzack's investment in OuterKnown and WSL. Purely coincidental?Screen-Shot-2016-11-29-at-3.04.18-PM-670x379.png

Last edited: