Who is Ozzy Wrong???

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Yeah I do like Oscar Langbourne- his style might be a bit contrived, but it's contrived in the right direction: towards minimalism.
I think I was just being picky because of the example vid you posted of him styling it on a twin fin. A younger Langburne looking very good, natural and smooth here.

Regarding combination minimalist and effective HP style, I think you have posted an example of one of the older surfers who have developed a mature style, yet still ripping into middle age. I can't remember which one, but these chaps have got really effective technique without windmilling the arms or trying to put on a style.

Brenden Margieson - Wikipedia

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
he was in bali recently and all the sticker lickers were gurgling over him

• Haha
Reactions: wedge2

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I think I was just being picky because of the example vid you posted of him styling it on a twin fin. A younger Langburne looking very good, natural and smooth here.

Regarding combination minimalist and effective HP style, I think you have posted an example of one of the older surfers who have developed a mature style, yet still ripping into middle age. I can't remember which one, but these chaps have got really effective technique without windmilling the arms or trying to put on a style.

Brenden Margieson - Wikipedia
NPJ rips
1699556124699.png
1699556160600.png
1699556215005.png

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
I don't know anything about Ozzy Wrong, or if that's even his real name, but I think if you're a pro surfer, or aspiring pro surfer, it's wise to find a nichè of some sort. Some might hate on whatever x or y surfer is doing, but it'll hit some part of the surfingverse. Trying to take the fight with Felipe, Medina and Italo is just delusional at this point.

Mikey February. He got smoked on tour. Clearly out of his league. He could have chosen to just wrestle it out on the QS and maybe got back on, kicked off and so on, but did the only right thing. Become the knock-kneed posterboy of woke surfing :roflmao:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I don't know anything about Ozzy Wrong, or if that's even his real name, but I think if you're a pro surfer, or aspiring pro surfer, it's wise to find a nichè of some sort. Some might hate on whatever x or y surfer is doing, but it'll hit some part of the surfingverse. Trying to take the fight with Felipe, Medina and Italo is just delusional at this point.

Mikey February. He got smoked on tour. Clearly out of his league. He could have chosen to just wrestle it out on the QS and maybe got back on, kicked off and so on, but did the only right thing. Become the knock-kneed posterboy of woke surfing :roflmao:
Did I miss something, what makes mikey feb woke?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
He's a black South African who likes twin fins. Defacto "woke."

If he was a competitive jock from San Clemente or the Goldcoast we wouldn't have to stomach his afro-jazz, antiracist highlines, and handjive- tainted swoops.

But you don't see color or judge a person based on their fin setups, do you, Aruka?

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
He's a black South African who likes twin fins. Defacto "woke."

If he was a competitive jock from San Clemente or the Goldcoast we wouldn't have to stomach his afro-jazz, antiracist highlines, and handjive- tainted swoops punctuated by casual karate kicks.

But you don't see color or judge a person based on their fin setups, do you, Aruka?
Fixed it for you.
Can't leave out the karate kicks.
Wonder if one trys them as a normal pleb will it result in an over balance to fall backwards off the board? Probably.

• Love
Reactions: bluengreen