Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Dec 3, 2020
Bitcoin is unpredictable, just like any other virtual currency. I have been watching cryptocurrency for a long time because I used to have a sporting interest in this topic. I tried to invest in bitcoin for a long time until I realized that options are much more profitable than this capricious currency. That is why it is worth a good study of this business because everything can change completely in a few minutes. Many investors lost millions of dollars for the very reason that they did not know how to use this market

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
DOGE dump is on. Let's see where the rebound comes in.

Missed huge profit on ETC this morning. Sold at 110 and it immediately hit 150 a few minutes later. :foreheadslap: Oh well, can't win them all.

Reactions: parkiteric

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
DOGE dump is on. Let's see where the rebound comes in.

Missed huge profit on ETC this morning. Sold at 110 and it immediately hit 150 a few minutes later. :foreheadslap: Oh well, can't win them all.
ETC is that high now? Holy! I guess people trying to find eth alternatives

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
ETC is that high now? Holy! I guess people trying to find eth alternatives
No idea what's going on with ETC. It's up over 125% in 24h, and even after the huge spike to 150, it refuses to drop hard.

My guess someone like Grayscale is is running an accumulation bot and buying up tons of it. I watched four huge sell walls get chewed up like nothing. After the last sell wall at 110, I thought, no way this thing has more juice in the tank. Then I sat there and watched it immediately pop to 150. :toilet:

When it dumps it's going to be furious.

etc.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: afoaf

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
No idea what's going on with ETC. It's up over 125% in 24h, and even after the huge spike to 150, it refuses to drop hard.

My guess someone like Grayscale is is running an accumulation bot and buying up tons of it. I watched four huge sell walls get chewed up like nothing. After the last sell wall at 110, I thought, no way this thing has more juice in the tank. Then I sat there and watched it immediately pop to 150. :toilet:

When it dumps it's going to be furious.

View attachment 108906
oh sh!t.

This is what happens when you have an ETF that tracks and underlying asset. I can’t remember all the details on it, but they are forced to buy and hold the underlying asset at certain times. The GLD ETF’s and variants used to get caught up in this and the smart traders knew it and rode it like a mechanical bull. Forgot about that.

Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
oh sh!t.

This is what happens when you have an ETF that tracks and underlying asset. I can’t remember all the details on it, but they are forced to buy and hold the underlying asset at certain times. The GLD ETF’s and variants used to get caught up in this and the smart traders knew it and rode it like a mechanical bull. Forgot about that.
Yah, that's what happened with FIL, BAT, and a handful of other coins. Grayscale bought them up and caused big price spikes. I'm sure we'll find out in a week or so who bought up all the ETC.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
ETH staked for "good".

22-24 months, or until ETH 2.0 launches.

BNB staked flexible, interest re-uploaded into itself, can you say compounding?

BTC just for kicks with spare change.

Not lost a cent yet.

Not in the Lambo either though. Yet.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
DOGE has come roaring back. Bounced 30% from bottom of dip and back at 67. This coin is now #4 in the marketcap, and has outperformed every coin since last year.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
DOGE has come roaring back. Bounced 30% from bottom of dip and back at 67. This coin is now #4 in the marketcap, and has outperformed every coin since last year.
Can it save us from the fiat moneyprinter?
1620257197002.png

We're facing taking a wheelbarrow of zimbabwebux to the grocery store next year.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
ETH staked for "good".

Not lost a cent yet.

Where are you staking your eth? What kind of returns? I'm ready to plant mine somewhere. :cheers:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Where are you staking your eth? What kind of returns? I'm ready to plant mine somewhere. :cheers:
Same. You can get 10-20% APRs on ETH by pegging it to BSC and staking in farms, but I'd be curious as to what the native staking return is.

Reactions: sizzld1

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
ETH staked for "good".

Not lost a cent yet.

Are you staking BNB on the Binance exchange's locked staking program? Flexible staking was discontinued in October. If so, you can get higher yields by staking it directly with the validators yourself - it's easy.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Binance offered me a "unique" :)roflmao:) opportunity to "stake for ETH 2.0".

cannot remember when, I'd have to look, which strictly goes against my personal cryptocurrency investment strategy.

I set that chit up, locked it, auto-suscribed the flexible amounts, wrote down my access passwords in a notebook, and promised not to look until I see ETH 2.0 launched.

Cannot remember the returns offered, just remember the part where they insisted over and over that I cannot touch it for 22-24 months, and that there were no guarantees.

Surely you cryto-wizards can figure it out if an (what do you call my generation again?) old scared stoned boomer can!

:dancing::foreheadslap::toilet::computer::poke::nana:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Up at 4am to trade. I need to go back to bed. :bricks:

I guess the ETC mega dump has been cancelled, because it continues to pump big with 20-40% swings and is holding the 100 level quite well. Looks to be building a new base.

An interesting theory has emerged for the pumpage.

ETH miners who are pissed they can no longer mine ETH when ETH 2.0 is fully implemented have started to mine other coins, and some of them have moved to ETC. Imagine having $10ks wrapped up in mining equipment set up for ETH and then being told by a billionaire (Vitalik / founder of ETH) that mining is no longer needed because they changed the network from PoW to PoS.

Just a rumor. Will have to dig deeper on this.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Are you staking BNB on the Binance exchange's locked staking program? Flexible staking was discontinued in October. If so, you can get higher yields by staking it directly with the validators yourself - it's easy.
I thinks he’s using the fancy euro/non-us version of binance where they have better staking deals?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Weird morning. Very slow to start, but in last hour, alt coins have started to pop one by one, rather than all at once. First it was EOS, then OMG, then HNT, XTZ, etc. I'm sure BTC will ruin the fun soon as it always does.

Reactions: bird.LA