Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
Be careful plalying with margin boys and girls. It's not for the faint hearted.

Margin in general is scary. Bill Hwang, Archegos capital, and the absolute unwinding of his portfolio in a violent manner. Crypto margin has 10x +++ that volatility.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
You guys are trading in a global 24/7 marketplace...how can you ever “disconnect“ without exiting the trade or changing stops religiously. Then some being on Margin. You guys have constitutions of steel.

Crytpo AA meetings will soon be the rage.

Credit Suisse is fsrked. The Greensill debacle and how tight they were wrapped around the Indian 40 year old Billionaires steel/mining co he got from poppa is another wild story to read.

Ripples will turn into waves.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Cheers. Looks like about a 20% draw down on most coins based on that news. I have a feeling the IRS will be reviewing CAP gains taxes this year, and will have a realization that they may not be....allocating your gains in the best possible way for the good of Country.
I have a friend from law school working at the IRS, and he told me they were focused solely on major money laundering with crypto and were not really interested in enforcing per-sale cap gains treatment as opposed to total in/out from fiat. Who knows if that's accurate, though, or if it will stay accurate even if it is.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
You guys are trading in a global 24/7 marketplace...how can you ever “disconnect“ without exiting the trade or changing stops religiously. Then some being on Margin. You guys have constitutions of steel.

Crytpo AA meetings will soon be the rage.

Credit Suisse is fsrked. The Greensill debacle and how tight they were wrapped around the Indian 40 year old Billionaires steel/mining co he got from poppa is another wild story to read.

Ripples will turn into waves.
Some of us either do basis trades which lock in profit and don't need to be monitored, or don't get into short term trading at all. A lot easier to disconnect when you're planning long term holds through whatever peaks and dips arise.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
or maybe a
I have a friend from law school working at the IRS, and he told me they were focused solely on major money laundering with crypto and were not really interested in enforcing per-sale cap gains treatment as opposed to total in/out from fiat. Who knows if that's accurate, though, or if it will stay accurate even if it is.
why the fuck would you launder money using something with a public ledger?

What happened to using body shops, car washes, restaurants and bars!

• Haha
Reactions: r32

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
or maybe a

why the fook would you launder money using something with a public ledger?

What happened to using body shops, car washes, restaurants and bars!
because you can still get in and out anonymously, or tumble the coins to disguise their source, or swap to privacy coins that aren't trackable on public ledgers, or make legit looking but bullshit sales publicly like NFT art buys, or use many other schemes to launder the cash

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Yes, I was talking specifically about Robinhood coins. None of them are revenue-producing, because they're all POW coins and most are POW shitcoins. Also true that you can't transfer out of RH and that makes it worthless as a crypto onramp.

I'm well aware of other revenue-producing coins; I'm probably the biggest DeFi shill on the forum and very bullish in general on BNB, SOL, and LUNA.

Few folks are saying that this FUD caused the flash crash earlier today:
newer developments say this twitter chain is total bullshit. looks like the real cause of the flash crash may be alameda dumping tons of spot to either hedge or cheaply buy futures.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
because you can still get in and out anonymously, or tumble the coins to disguise their source, or swap to privacy coins that aren't trackable on public ledgers, or make legit looking but bullshit sales publicly like NFT art buys, or use many other schemes to launder the cash
Ahh NFTs makes sense. I am never the smartest guy in the room hahahaha

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Speaking of laundering money, did you know the St. Francis hotel in San Francisco washes all of it's coins? Every penny, nickel, dime, and quarter goes through the wash, 3x a week.

It started in 1938, when they began washing all of their coins as a courtesy to guests -particularly women who wore white gloves.

Useless facts guy, out!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Is crypto sorta gonna be in the shitter if they ever apply it to the wash rule?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
DOGE broke out for about 10%, and now falling back into triangle now to create false breakout pattern. I cashed out but it's not looking good now.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
How critical is the public ledger aspect to any cryptocurrency? Couldn't Bitcoin have gone nuts without it, I'm not sure why the average trader cares?

Guy waiting for his lambo, out!

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
How critical is the public ledger aspect to any cryptocurrency? Couldn't Bitcoin have gone nuts without it, I'm not sure why the average trader cares?

Guy waiting for his lambo, out!
There are public and private ledgers in blockchain. Both are important. But I don't have time or energy to explain. 1000's of good articles out there on the subject.

Reactions: grapedrink