Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
But seriously, I played many terrible cards the last 3 weeks and lost some money (still holding, so for now it's just the illusion of lost money).

The good news! It was not much at all as I knew there would be a learning curve (a steep one at that). It was a bit more money than I expected to shell out so soon but got a bit carried away, but still nothing too serious. And what I lost seems perfectly acceptable for someone still learning (and stumbled upon a flash crash on top of it).

From what I've been studying, it seems like losing money when starting is almost the norm (maybe not for the lucky ones who started on the pinnacle of the bull market).

I should start becoming less stupid from now on.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
So I used that app and got my free summary year to date. Remember how I vaguely guessed I made maybe 5-8k? I’ve made 7800 this far. So big nannygubmint is gonna get that 1099 just like me, in January. After the losses the last week (I think I’m down like a grand? Should I liquidate my portfolio, take a few modest losses while I’m still up on the year, my checking balance will jump up nicely right before the holidays, some of those losses will offset my gains, and then I’ll just start fresh next year. I mean, even my beloved fetch has fallen all the way back to my original entry point all those months ago. I actually may cut my gains YTD in half if I liquidate; but I’ll still have that cash, stop the hemorrhaging; and have a much smaller tax bill

thoughts? Maybe jump back in the game on some of those tax dips this winter?

edit: orHODL and watch the holiday bull run? Is that a thing? I feel like cashing out is almost like day trading, except annualized instead of liquidating daily, if that makes sense at all
Edit again. Sold all but my fetch my Algorand and my crypto.com. Let’s go
While you're talking to a tax professional, you should ask them about a wash sale of the positions that you're down on, allowing you to lock in a tax loss and still hold the crypto. My understanding, which you should absolutely check with your own tax advisors, is that the wash sale rule does not apply to crypto and you can use that to your tax advantage.

• Love
Reactions: bird.LA

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
CB Pro listing seven new coins tomorrow. All of them pumping right now on the news. Close to 150 coins on Coinbase and they seem to be increasing their pace of new listings.

COVAL (up 1000% on the news)
IDEX
MCO2
POLS
FOX
SPELL
SUPER

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
CB Pro listing seven new coins tomorrow. All of them pumping right now on the news. Close to 150 coins on Coinbase and they seem to be increasing their pace of new listings.

COVAL (up 1000% on the news)
IDEX
MCO2
POLS
FOX
SPELL
SUPER

Have you noticed if the pump tends to happen only prior to the listing, or is there a second pump when it actually hits CBP and additional folks can buy it?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Have you noticed if the pump tends to happen only prior to the listing, or is there a second pump when it actually hits CBP and additional folks can buy it?
ALWAYS a pump happens on the listing news. 100% of the time. Literally every coin listed on Coinbase and Binance have experienced the "listing news" pump, sans stablecoins of course.

The question is whether or not they will pump AFTER the coins go live for trading. Some coins pump hard, while others go sideways or dump. I find the cheaper coins (sub $1) tend to pump the most after trading goes live. Look at NU, ACH, JASMY, XYO and a bunch of other sub $1 coin. Look back at their charts the day they went live on CB and you'll see they all went hard in the paint when trading went live.

Just have to watch them and see what happens. The real bitch is Coinbase doesn't tell anyone when they go live. You just have to sit there with blank charts open and constantly checking them.

Reactions: SirKooksALot

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
ALWAYS a pump happens on the listing news. 100% of the time. Literally every coin listed on Coinbase and Binance have experienced the "listing news" pump, sans stablecoins of course.

The question is whether or not they will pump AFTER the coins go live for trading. Some coins pump hard, while others go sideways or dump. I find the cheaper coins (sub $1) tend to pump the most after trading goes live. Look at ACH, JASMY, XYO and a bunch of other sub $1. They all went hard in the paint when trading went live.

Just have to watch them and see what happens. The real bitch is Coinbase doesn't tell anyone when they go live. You just have to sit there with blank charts open and constantly checking them.
Thanks for that. Was really curious about the secondary pump, sounds like it's a definite maybe :roflmao:

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

The question is whether or not they will pump AFTER the coins go live for trading. Some coins pump hard, while others go sideways or dump. I find the cheaper coins (sub $1) tend to pump the most after trading goes live. Look at NU, ACH, JASMY, XYO and a bunch of other sub $1 coin. Look back at their charts the day they went live on CB and you'll see they all went hard in the paint when trading went live.

Very inexperienced, but from what my more experienced peeps tell me, there's usually a dump right after listing (the people who bought it during the news want to make a quick buck). Looks like those coins sky rocketed already, so it would be safer to wait for the initial post launch dump before trying to get in the action, if at all.

You are much better served not reading what I just wrote and just doing whatever R32 advises you to do though.

• Haha

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Dig some digging on new listings for Coinbase, since I love listing pumps.

(Price / % gain in 24h)
CS = Circulating Supply
TS = Total Supply

COVAL (0.07 / 8000%)
CS: 1b
TS: 1.2b

IDEX (0.33 / 230%)
CS: 602m
TS: 1b

POLS (3.78 / 160%)
CS: 81m
TS: 100m

MCO2 (15.75 / 2000%)
CS: 1.9m
TS: Not reported

FOX (0.83 / 20%)
CS: 115m

SPELL (0.01 / 230%)
CS: 59b
TS: 103b

SUPER (1.57 / 315%)
CS: 400m

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Very inexperienced, but from what my more experienced peeps tell me, there's usually a dump right after listing (the people who bought it during the news want to make a quick buck). Looks like those coins sky rocketed already, so it would be safer to wait for the initial post launch dump before trying to get in the action, if at all.

You are much better served not reading what I just wrote and just doing whatever R32 advises you to do though.
There can definitely be a dump when trading goes live. Take a look at COVAL. It just did 8000% this morning in a few hours. Yah, you read that right. So it will be interesting to see if it dumps hard, or pumps even more. Tomorrow should be a popcorn kind of morning for these seven coins.

Trying to score a listing pump AFTER it goes live for trading is extremely high risk / high reward type of play. Kind of like paddling out at Mavericks on low tide.

• Haha
Reactions: sussle

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Dig some digging on new listings for Coinbase, since I love listing pumps.

SPELL (0.01 / 230%)
CS: 59b
TS: 103b
I'm interested in SPELL but I foresee this one dumping after listing (NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.) They've got some tokenomics issues to work out. When they do, ^^^^. Until then, vvvv. Unless people are feeling confident in the team and their solutions already... seems like their first move was to dump a lot of AVAX at the top and then use the proceeds to pump SPELL into it's Coinbase debut.

Reactions: Yewstreet and r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I'm interested in SPELL but I foresee this one dumping after listing (NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.) They've got some tokenomics issues to work out. When they do, ^^^^. Until then, vvvv. Unless people are feeling confident in the team and their solutions already... seems like their first move was to dump a lot of AVAX at the top and then use the proceeds to pump SPELL into it's Coinbase debut.
Thanks, I will look into it. These coins seemed to go especially big on this news. Low liquidity mega pumps.

Take note, Coinbase strategy is to list coins that are found on very few exchanges, and only a few DEXs.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
BTC just busted a major level. ALTs are running. Expect pull back soon to refuel.

Yewwww :shaka:
I picked a bad time to be stuck in stables on a ZK airdrop farming mission... was going from ETH to stables and then back real quick but then got caught up in small dex technical difficulties while ETH ran ugh.

So how soon we expecting that pull back? lol

• Wow
Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I picked a bad time to be stuck in stables on a ZK airdrop farming mission... was going from ETH to stables and then back real quick but then got caught up in small dex technical difficulties while ETH ran ugh.

So how soon we expecting that pull back? lol
Damn, that sucks. DEXs are great in concept but can be a pain too.

ALTs are running hard right now. 5-20% pumps across the board. Most are coming into heavy resistance right about now. Got to be some pull back soon after running this fast from BTC kick start.

MANA
MATIC
BAT
SHIB
CRO

and so many others are 10' @ 20sec right now.