White House Correspondents Dinner

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I like how you accuse me of lying when you did the same-same at the top of the thread

classic VonMeister!

Reactions: Pico

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I thought his resume was more like Stephen Cobert.

Edit** just googled it. He's similar to Colbert and not a comic.
Lol he was comic of the year in South Africa before even moving to the US.

Maybe your google doesn’t work:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Lol he was comic of the year in South Africa before even moving to the US.

Maybe your google doesn’t work:

Comic of the year in South Africa? How on earth did Wikipedia miss that. :roflmao:

I don't think he made a living as a comic. That's an important part of being considered a comic. Your link proves that.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Comic of the year in South Africa? How on earth did Wikipedia miss that. :roflmao:

I don't think he made a living as a comic. That's an important part of being considered a comic. Your link proves that.
You can read the link I posted that discussed his successful stand up tours through Africa and Europe before he was on TV in the uS. But nah.

I guess you’re right though - he didn’t have to struggle for 20 years like the guy you like. His success should be discounted because it wasn’t in America. The guy who was really bad at what he did for 2 decades and then fell off almost as soon as he finally arrived deserves the respect!

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
You can read the link I posted that discussed his successful stand up tours through Africa and Europe before he was on TV in the uS. But nah.

I guess you’re right though - he didn’t have to struggle for 20 years like the guy you like. His success should be discounted because it wasn’t in America. The guy who was really bad at what he did for 2 decades and then fell off almost as soon as he finally arrived deserves the respect!
Settle down. My only point is that he wasn't what is colloquially known ads a stand up comic. I watched the clips afoaf posted last night and I thought his timing was perfect and the jokes landed. He's not unfunny or dull..but I think he falls more in line with being a performer.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Settle down. My only point is that he wasn't what is colloquially known ads a stand up comic. I watched the clips afoaf posted last night and I thought his timing was perfect and the jokes landed. He's not unfunny or dull..but I think he falls more in line with being a performer.
In America.

politics aside, I find him immensely interesting. A colored kid in SA is a rough place to start and he handled sh!t like a fucking champ.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
he's had multiple stand up specials, including one on Netlix.

i know that still probably doesn't satisfy your stand up comic purity test but, just sayin'.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
he's had multiple stand up specials, including one on Netlix.

i know that still probably doesn't satisfy your stand up comic purity test but, just sayin'.
My point has really gotten lost in the weeds. My preference would be to see a comic host the WHCD...I even named a couple. I would probably tune into that. Trevor Noah isn't a comic, not by trade nor was it the genesis of his career. He's more of a politico than a comedian...but he's proven he's more talented than a lot of hosts of that dinner and other award shows. If the clips afoaf posted are indicative of his style he's certainly more talented than Colbert, Fallon, or Kimmel.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
My point has really gotten lost in the weeds. My preference would be to see a comic host the WHCD...I even named a couple. I would probably tune into that. Trevor Noah isn't a comic, not by trade nor was it the genesis of his career. He's more of a politico than a comedian...but he's proven he's more talented than a lot of hosts of that dinner and other award shows. If the clips afoaf posted are indicative of his style he's certainly more talented than Colbert, Fallon, or Kimmel.
something tells me a lot of SA comedy is political in nature

taking over for The Daily show put him in a lane

Ricky Gervais could host Sunday Mass and I'd sit for the morning and afternoon service

his series After Life just finished its final season....it's brutally good

you don't really have a clue do you?