White House Correspondents Dinner

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I’ll say this about Dane Cook. I saw him unexpectedly about 5yrs ago as a suprise guest at a comedy night and was fully prepared to hate him. Pretty sure I audibly groaned when he took the stage. He was unexpectedly good. Total pro. And he flawlessly handled some feminist heckler who really didn’t want him performing.
He's put in so many hours on stage through his career it's impossible to throw him off...or any comedian that has been around that long.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Some of the ones I liked:

1. It is my great honor to be speaking tonight at the nation’s most distinguished superspreader event. Did none of you learn anything from the Gridiron dinner? … The second someone offers you a free dinner you all turn into Joe Rogan.

2. We all saw what happened at the Oscars. I’ve actually been a bit worried about tonight. I’m not going to lie. What if I make a really mean joke about Kellyanne Conway, and her husband rushes up on the stage and thanks me?

3. I’ve just got to say, this is so exciting. To be at this swanky party full of Washington’s most powerful people. It’s not as exciting as Madison Cawthorn made it sound, but it’s still very sexy.

4. The great chef José Andrés is here tonight. … Whenever there’s a disaster anywhere in the world, chef José is there, which I guess is why he’s sitting at the CNN table tonight.

5. Even as first lady, Dr. Biden continued her teaching career. The first time a presidential spouse has done so, ever. Congratulations. Now, you might think it’s because she loves teaching so much, but it’s actually because she’s still paying off her student debt. I’m sorry about that, Jill. I guess you should’ve voted for Bernie.

6. President Biden’s lack of a filter does get him into hot water sometimes. Last month, he caused a huge international incident saying that Vladimir Putin should be removed from power. It was very, very upsetting to Russia until someone explained to them that none of the stuff Biden wants actually gets done.

7. I’m really excited because the kings of cable are here. Fox News in the house … I know Fox has a bad reputation — I can even feel you tense up now when I talk about them. They really do crush it. You know, I think they get a bad rap. Because it’s a mixed bag. They actually have really good journalists, it just depends on when you watch. Fox News is sort of like a Waffle House. Yeah, it’s relatively normal in the afternoon, but as soon as the sun goes down, there’s a drunk lady named Jeanine threatening to fight every Mexican who comes in.
  8. Apparently, Jeff [Zucker] got fired after he tried to keep his workplace relationship secret, which is weird because if he really didn’t want anyone to know about it, he could have just made a show about it on CNN+

9. Please be careful leaving tonight, we all know this administration doesn’t handle evacuations well.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Some of the ones I liked:

1. It is my great honor to be speaking tonight at the nation’s most distinguished superspreader event. Did none of you learn anything from the Gridiron dinner? … The second someone offers you a free dinner you all turn into Joe Rogan.

2. We all saw what happened at the Oscars. I’ve actually been a bit worried about tonight. I’m not going to lie. What if I make a really mean joke about Kellyanne Conway, and her husband rushes up on the stage and thanks me?

3. I’ve just got to say, this is so exciting. To be at this swanky party full of Washington’s most powerful people. It’s not as exciting as Madison Cawthorn made it sound, but it’s still very sexy.

4. The great chef José Andrés is here tonight. … Whenever there’s a disaster anywhere in the world, chef José is there, which I guess is why he’s sitting at the CNN table tonight.

5. Even as first lady, Dr. Biden continued her teaching career. The first time a presidential spouse has done so, ever. Congratulations. Now, you might think it’s because she loves teaching so much, but it’s actually because she’s still paying off her student debt. I’m sorry about that, Jill. I guess you should’ve voted for Bernie.

6. President Biden’s lack of a filter does get him into hot water sometimes. Last month, he caused a huge international incident saying that Vladimir Putin should be removed from power. It was very, very upsetting to Russia until someone explained to them that none of the stuff Biden wants actually gets done.

7. I’m really excited because the kings of cable are here. Fox News in the house … I know Fox has a bad reputation — I can even feel you tense up now when I talk about them. They really do crush it. You know, I think they get a bad rap. Because it’s a mixed bag. They actually have really good journalists, it just depends on when you watch. Fox News is sort of like a Waffle House. Yeah, it’s relatively normal in the afternoon, but as soon as the sun goes down, there’s a drunk lady named Jeanine threatening to fight every Mexican who comes in.
  8. Apparently, Jeff [Zucker] got fired after he tried to keep his workplace relationship secret, which is weird because if he really didn’t want anyone to know about it, he could have just made a show about it on CNN+

9. Please be careful leaving tonight, we all know this administration doesn’t handle evacuations well.

this is how you know Doug and iFall are just bitter coonts

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
this is how you know Doug and iFall are just bitter coonts
I didn't watch it ding doing. It wouldn't matter who was there or who was president. Just like I don't watch the oscars, the Emmys. the VMA's etc etc etc. Not my thing,. I get it...that zany Trevor Noah really tickles your fancy and it upsets the inner wine mom in you that not everyone is on board. The funniest Trevor Noah will ever be is the same kind of funny from an episode of a serial comedy. Me..I prefer other comedians if that's the entertainment I'm looking for....you know...one's that can stand in a room in NYC or Boston deliver there own material and kill in front of a hostile crowd.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I thought those awards shows were like 3 minutes of the award, 5 minutes of bullshit, a commercial, then another one-liner by the host.

Whereas WHCA is more of a President routine, and a comic routine, kind of uninterrupted like a quick hitter standup bit vs show hosting with some quips sprinkled about.

Like WHCA is a plate of bacon, and awards shows are a salad someone put Bacos on.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I thought those awards shows were like 3 minutes of the award, 5 minutes of bullshit, a commercial, then another one-liner by the host.

Whereas WHCA is more of a President routine, and a comic routine, kind of uninterrupted like a quick hitter standup bit vs show hosting with some quips sprinkled about.

Like WHCA is a plate of bacon, and awards shows are a salad someone put Bacos on.
Bacon never made my balls tingle like afoafs did when watching Trevor Noah performing an anonymous writers soliloquy about free speech...which is weird because it's not like we need a free speech rallying cry in this country. It's baked in.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I didn't watch it ding doing. It wouldn't matter who was there or who was president. Just like I don't watch the oscars, the Emmys. the VMA's etc etc etc. Not my thing,. I get it...that zany Trevor Noah really tickles your fancy and it upsets the inner wine mom in you that not everyone is on board. The funniest Trevor Noah will ever be is the same kind of funny from an episode of a serial comedy. Me..I prefer other comedians if that's the entertainment I'm looking for....you know...one's that can stand in a room in NYC or Boston deliver there own material and kill in front of a hostile crowd.
Have you seen Trevor live? He's funny and very smart. His stuff about South Africa is really funny and has zero to do with right/left American politics.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I'm not a big Trevor Noah fan in general but that was pretty funny.

Not Colbert level but still, pretty good.

Did any of you MAGA peeps actually watch it? A lot of it is roasting Joe Biden and the Dems.
Trump's thin skin would never allow him to attend such an event. Biden's a good sport.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
tell me more about how cool Dane Cook is while calling me a wine mom

el oh el

I love how you constantly embarrass yourself here

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pico and Woke AF

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Don't you need a crowd there to be heckled?
Dane Cook was doing comedy on stage 20 years before you and I ever heard of him. I saw him at the Cellar one night before he blew up. it was unremarkable but he had a following back then....mostly NYU kids. Shortly after that he was doing arenas and TV specials. Better comics than him have never gotten arena gigs or TV specials. I think he is vanilla and his joke stealing stinks but you can't discount his resume because you don't like him otherwise you'll just look stupid like afoaf. He's been there done that at a level most comedians never reach....and like Carlos Mencia and Carrot Top...it's not always the good guys that get there.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I didn't know he did live shows. I honestly haven't heard of him until probably a couple years ago when he got his TV gig.
he's a comedian. Do you think his path was somehow different than Dane Cooks? If it is, it's because he had to start in sh!t clubs in Soweto rather than LA.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Dane Cook was doing comedy on stage 20 years before you and I ever heard of him. I saw him at the Cellar one night before he blew up. it was unremarkable but he had a following back then....mostly NYU kids. Shortly after that he was doing arenas and TV specials. Better comics than him have never gotten arena gigs or TV specials. I think he is vanilla and his joke stealing stinks but you can't discount his resume because you don't like him otherwise you'll just look stupid like afoaf. He's been there done that at a level most comedians never reach....and like Carlos Mencia and Carrot Top...it's not always the good guys that get there.
I'm indifferent to Dane Cook. He's not even interesting enough for me to dislike him.