White Claw

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
poison is in the dose.

Also, hormesis is a real thing.
I really cant even enjoyably finish a beer these days. Not sure what changed other then I started drinking less and less where now its maybe a few times a year. And "drinking" is having literally one drink. Even just one leaves me hungover so now I don't even bother. I was never a heavy drinker to begin with. Marijuana, however, has always pulled at my heartstrings.

Whats up with hormesis?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You are correct. At this point in time, appealing to the young millennial women is the golden ticket to a significant market in the booze business. Guys will drink it as well, along with older people. Who knows how the market will go? The White Claw people are making money hand over fist right now. It might be just a trend. It is a strong trend, though, and White Claw owns about 70% of the market sales.
They are definitely an incredible success story. Whoever was in charge probably recognized the success of La Croix (which has been around for decades, and is canned in the Detroit area of all places), put 2 and 2 together and hit it big. Good on them.

Although it's not exactly proprietary, so it can be ripped off easily. And it will. Marketing and more importantly distribution, which is an absolute blood bath in the booze biz, will determine the winners.

Either way, as long as I can buy my favorite beers, I don't really care. Fads come and go, but a good California ale or Czech style pilsner is like an old pair jeans. And whatever gets women neked and randy is fine by me too :shaka::drowning:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
have you had Trumer Pils? Low abv and Berkeley made. My current favorite beer. :D
Yeah its solid! There's a lot of craft breweries putting out good pilsners nowadays. The tough thing is finding them outside of the breweries :mad:

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I like the lighter stuff. Trumer is good but it still has a kick. Three Trumers or 15 Coors Lights.

Coors Light on a hot day gives you hydration.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The Blue Mountains. Digging an ice cold bluie out of the bottom of your ice chest. Cold Activated. Nothing better.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I like the lighter stuff. Trumer is good but it still has a kick. Three Trumers or 15 Coors Lights.

Coors Light on a hot day gives you hydration.
I'll take the 3 trumers. American swill is dying the slow death that it deserves. They could've just as easily put out good pilsners like the czecks, but they decided to water it down in the name of profit, and now they are paying the price. Even Canada and a lot of Latin American countries put out better mass produced beer.

If I'm going to ingest calories and risk a hangover, I'm going to make it count.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Turns out this stuff is malt liquor, no wonder I like it. I used to pound malt liquor in middle school.